Skink Priest - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skink Priest

Wayward, Texas
    2 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Skink Priest

This guy proved troublesome right up to the end. When removing the paper clip he was glued on, I scarred the right knee and had to repaint it. It's still not right though mostly covered up.

Then I thought I was done when I found orange paint on his left knee. Wtf! Where'd orange paint come from and what was it doing on his left knee?

Then as I was taking it outside for Dull Cote, it fell off the putty, bending the staff. Luckily, no paint damage, but dammit, Skink, let me be done with you!

I really dig the sword. It's suppose to be jade. And the hair on the severed head looks cool, I think. It was a lot of work, but I wanted something to stand out against the cape. Plus, I used the same colors on it as the top of the staff to give some visual continuity.

For the same reason, all the green areas other than the sword were done with the same greens.

I tried to limit my palette that way, but I still think I used more paints on this guy than any other in a long time.

This is for a friend who had someone else paint the rest of the army, so that person will be basing this guy.

Last edited by DavidWC09; August 5th, 2009 at 00:37.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Lancaster / Warwick, UK
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Looks awesome dave

PS, you missed a spot...

+ Reply to Thread