Librarium Online Forums banner

Kroot Kindred Kolour Schemes. Random color test with lots of pics. Post yours.

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Jaffar_Hasad 
#1 ·
Just some random color schemes I have and will be trying out.

The first 2 colors are of regular carnivores. I think I might switch the brown and use it for stalker kindred later. But for now..

Please note that neither the clothes nor the quills are actually done up. They're just given a basic color to prevent confusion (to myself). The quills on the brown are probably going to be some sort of blue steel, but until I can figure out how to do that I'll just use this picture to show what I'm trying to explain.

Next up is the head hunter test. I have 3 unpainted heads that over time I will paint up with random colors and see what I like. Viewer input is always great too.

I don't usually like painting the beaks differently, but after that first test with blood red, I don't really want to bother with it anymore. It's a terrible color and should have the title changed to Bloody Orange. I think once I get some, I shall do a dark red/black wash on this head to give depth.

For the headhunters I like the idea of war tattoos. I need to study up on tribal symbols though. Any tips from people who doodle would be appreciated.

So what else will come from this thread? Well I have a master shaper that I've been busy converting for the past year, and 3 different head styles.

Questions are great, and any kroot lovers should stop by and share their colors.

See less See more
#2 ·
I like that the beak appears to be a brighter color than the head. It's usually the other way around. It's a good contrast you have going here. Reminds me of one the Kroot in the painting guide in the codex, which had a black head and a yellow beak. Looked a little weird with THAT stark a contrast, but using red works really well with it, I think.

"Rambo?" :D Is that a DVD case you're painting on?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.