2 or 3 storey-high hills - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 or 3 storey-high hills

I want to make or buy (preferably buy) some 2 or 3 storey-high hills for cover, vantage points etc, for my rolling-moorland-look gaming table...

Is this possible with anything GW produces (or indeed ANYONE produces) as product I could just buy?

The GW hills look only '1 story' high, thus it looks like you can't really high from a valkyrie behind them, or get a really good panoramic view of the battle field for snipers etc

Failing that, can anyone point me in the direction of some good, reliable hill-making instructions on-line?

(I know there are a few sets of instructions on-line, but can anyone recomend something for the total retard modeller that I am?)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One easy way of building hills for your table is by using a scrollsaw to cut them out of polystyrene boards. Scrollsaws are easy to handle and can also cut a slope into the PS, all in one go. You can vary the height of your hills by using boards with different strenght and/or glue them on top of one another for larger hills.
    You can also cut cliffs and landslide into your new hills rather easily.
    Glue sand, little rocks, debris static grass or whatver on your hills, paint em and you're done. You should be able to make a couple of hills in one afternoon and if you don t want to buy a scrollsaw you should be able to rent one for a day....

hope that helps you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

This may be a dead thread, but you could try going to a hobby/miniature railroad shop. They often have hills/tunnels made to scale for Lionel train sets. These (from what I can tell) should easily be 2-3+ stories tall.
    The day will not save them. And we own the night.
    CSM: W:25, D:3, L:9
    DE:W:2, D:0, L:0

+ Reply to Thread