Painting Faces PDF - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    The wonderfull land of Oz
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

272 (x4)

Painting Faces PDF

Another great PDF from GW

Great tutorials

<----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

2. Remove Advertisements

3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

282 (x5)

Well im not the expert on painting faces, but I believe I can paint a ok looking face. There is a few things I like to comment. This article is quite good for and cover the basic very well. Still there Is a few things I believe can ad something more to this as well

First, If you are a beginner it can be really hard to paint the eyes and not ruin the skin around them. I useless start with the eyes after a basecout of skin colour and then paint the skin as its more easy to avoid the eyes when painting the skin then to avoid the skin when paining the eyes. For more advanced eyes I usual as a reflection point in the eye, a white small spot.

Second, this has just a short mentioned. And that is to ad different shading to the skin. You can see this in some of there faces. For example a blue/grey glaze can ad more interest if shaded in some part of the human face. Also a little green can be a interesting effect. It can lift a face to use other colours like that, but it can also look strange if used to much, Blue/grey, blue and purple can be interesting in a pale skin colour. A dark blue can also lift a green face like ork skin.

Third, when painting female faces they talk about eye shadow and make-up. Important here is not to over do it, if you don't what a extreme look, a glaze is a god way to keep it under control. Just make sure that you don't have to much paint<on the brush.

Its is just my opinions about the article, and most of it regard showcase, if that was not clear
    Keep the paint diluted and thin :)
    (first rule in Zentradis book of painting)

+ Reply to Thread