[Contest] Spammies Modelling contest II. Special Characters. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

[Contest] Spammies Modelling contest II. Special Characters.

Special Characters.

This theme is, Special Characters.

Quote Originally Posted by lord borak View Post
    i think the Converted up special Characters will give enough people scope to do what ever they want. I mean there ARE quite a few out there.

People entering have one month in which to design and convert a single based model to the theme set. Members will be expected to post their pictures which will then be placed into a thread for voting. It is done so that people can improve their skills, and try out things. And purely for fun, The winner will get a banner for their sig if they want it

1.) Models from any manufacturer are allowed.

2.) There is one month to each project.

3.) One base (any size) per entry... Multiple models permanently fixed to the single base are allowed. No armies on display boards though.

4.) Models converted within the time frame are looked upon favourably. (It is of course impossible for us to check). Please use this competition to come up with a new idea.

5.) Pictures can be no wider than 700 pixels (as per the normal LO rules).

6.) Maximum of two pictures can be posted. Single pictures of multiple views (montages) are allowed.

7.) The organisers of the competition have the right to refuse entry to any applicant if they feel it doesn't meet the criteria

8.) Voting. It is considered un-sportsmanlike to vote for yourself. You are voting on what you think is the most original, unique, clever conversion.

9.) There should be little paint on the model. It must be possible to see the greenstuff.

The closing date is August 31st July 23:59 GMT

So just post your completed entries here before the deadline.

It is possible to earn extra votes. If you include a tutorial then I will add 1 vote onto you total.

FAQ:
    1. Is it too late to enter? No it isn’t until the deadline above is reached.
    2. How do I enter? Just post a link to a photo of your mini in this thread, preferably it should follow the LO rules for such things, as it is a bit of a hassle for me to resize stuff and re-host it, but I can if you don’t know how.
    3. The Prize?! Get to choose the next theme! You will also get a unique banner for your sig should you want it. For all the other participants, your prize is experience and fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x4)

Hummm. I was working on making my Orky version of Srt. Harker today on paper. Should go well with my alredy finished orky Creed and orky Kell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

I'm in. Will have to come up with something cool.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

I'm in. I think I actually have something I've worked on for this.

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Well my Black Hawk Down themed IG do need a Marbo character and this loser Cleary will not work
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

542 (x8)

Here is my alternate Shrike that I've created. He also doubles as Master of the Raven Guard in some cockenanny homebrew shenanigans I get up to. He is made from Dark Angels, Assault Marines, and SM Veterans pieces. Sorry about the priming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Here is my Sly Marbo as a Delta Force operator for my BHD guard.

Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

572 (x8)

Come on guys! Rules! No paint!!! I'll let you both in, it's really obvious that they're both excellent conversions but I think I'll be giving out 1 extra vote to unpainted models...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

The closing date is August 31st July 23:59 GMT
    ???

Working on my entry!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my (slightly last minute) entry. Now, you may be wondering why there seem to be two models - the answer is that he is going to represent Chronus, so I need both the vehicle and foot version. The vehicle version is just there for completeness, so feel free to ignore that one.

The Tutorial, such as it is...

The legs are from a chaos space marine, but with the spiky trim neatened up and 'imperialised'. Torso's just a standard Black templars one, and the pistol screen is a sacrificed auspex. Now for the (slightly) more interesting bit - the backpack. The servo arm is a combination of a chainsword, a flamer, a spare SM bike hub, part of a burst cannon, and some plasticard (inspired by the Master of the Forge artwork in C: SM). It's magnetised to help with storage and transport issues. There's also the power cell/generator taken from a SM searchlight, and the targeter which was borrowed from a terminator.

I'd have loved to have put one of my Kroot in for this, but we only have one special character... Maybe another time.
    Last edited by Maligoare; August 29th, 2009 at 22:15. Reason: Clever, forgot to put the image in. Oops...
    Kompletely Kroot - "Needlessly swapping Cs for Ks whenever we feel like it!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast