Tester dwarf - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tester dwarf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tester dwarf

This is just 1 dwarf i've half painted to see what the colour scheme looks like. I don't like it that much but i'm interested in what you guys think. I know you might not be able to see it clearly because of my shocking photo taking . If you have any tips for photo taking i would love to hear them .

The metal is my first go at non metallic and i think it will look ok when on a big ranked unit. My problem with the scheme is the amount of purple, i think it needs something else.

EDIT: Sorry about the size, i'll make sure i change that the next photo i upload.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

I think it looks good, but it's hard to tell.

Your camera should have a macro function, which looks like a little flower. This is used for taking pictures of small things like minis. Good luck!

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x2)

I tend to think of purple as an accent colour, not the main one. On your dwarf it works pretty well next to the grey armour (I think. There's a photo tutorial in the tutorial section.). I would paint the arms with something else though. Red or blue if you want it to harmonise with the purple, or white or light grey if you want a 'crisp' look with the purple as the only real colour ( aside from skin and beard and other stuff). That would look rather cool I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your camera should have a macro function, which looks like a little flower. This is used for taking pictures of small things like minis. Good luck!
    Found it , I'll have another go and edit the photo, but thanks.

I tend to think of purple as an accent colour, not the main one. On your dwarf it works pretty well next to the grey armour (I think. There's a photo tutorial in the tutorial section.). I would paint the arms with something else though. Red or blue if you want it to harmonise with the purple, or white or light grey if you want a 'crisp' look with the purple as the only real colour ( aside from skin and beard and other stuff). That would look rather cool I think.
    I was thinking that and i think that grey would look nice next to it. Thanks .

+ Reply to Thread