How do I paint plasma? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

5 (x0)

How do I paint plasma?

Im doing a Space Marine Captain for Golden Daemon this year and
    Im focusing on cool highlighting and light effects. The model has a Plasma Pistol and a Power Sword, Ive figured out the sword but I need a little help on how to paint the Plasma.
    Im thinking on painting the plasma blue, any tips for highlighting and colours?
    Heres a photo of the mini so far:

Thanks for the help

2. Remove Advertisements

3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

282 (x5)

Its not that hard to paint a plasma coil. I should start with a white under coat. Patint it perhaps Enhanced blue, use darker blue to shade down, regal blue, or what ever it is called? Then highlight up to almost pure white. Thats is quite easy. The tricky part is the light effect. Its important that the coil it self. Next I mix a glaze from vallejo glaze medium and enhanced blue. One small drop of paint, 2 drops of medium and some water.

Then applying this its important that you wipe of the blush. And paint in thin layers. Desire how extreme the light effect are suppose to be. The more extreme it is the harder it is to get it right. Remember that lit always travel in a line, it never bends. use more layers closer to the source. Also remember that the effect can never be brighter then the source it self, therefore make the source bright. and the effect quite dull.

here is a link:
    Keep the paint diluted and thin :)
    (first rule in Zentradis book of painting)

+ Reply to Thread