Harbinger Bomber - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harbinger Bomber

I've been thinking of building one of these super heavyweight badboys for a while now, and the construction of it seems pretty straightforward, aside from making up the rules for its use in 40k.

To my knowledge the only models of these are for aeronautica imperialis. Does anyone have an approximate estimate on the dimensions for one of these? They're considerably larger than a hell talon, and will require a ton of plasticard to build, but I only have a vague understanding of how big they would be, since I've never actually held any 40k aircraft models in my hand for a close inspection. any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

First I have to give you kudos for attempting a project like this, the harbinger is big.
    sadly the only pictures of a harbinger next to a hell talon or hellblade are from the FW side.

Aeronautica Imperialis Chaos Harbinger

As for bulding this might I suggest you make it first from large pieces of cardboard, it's light and strong and you can then go over it with pladticard

Still I'll be looking forward in seeing this project go, any chance you will be making templates for this beast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

If you're going to keep it in scale with the Hell Talon, you're looking at something in excess of 3 feet square by 6 or 8 inches thick. For reference, the Vampire Hunter in the 6th picture from Dreachon's link?? Just the cockpit section of that thing is a full sized Falcon tank!!

So basically, it'll be the same size as a gaming table.
    Last edited by Wraith; August 20th, 2009 at 21:21.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well as far as making templates goes, if the project turns out to be a success I don't see why I can't make some scaled down PDFs to cover it, or at least the largest parts. I'm not very good at making templates so I'll have to give em an amateur's shot >.<

I actually didn't think it would be THAT big, I expected maybe a 2 foot wingspan, maybe a little more in length, but then I only thought the hell talon was approx 8-10 inches long.

The construction itself doesn't look that hard, a lot of jagged angles, probably of foamcore with layered plasticard on top. As soon as I get a basic design and start to work I'll post a step by step.

Speaking of which, if anyone out there has a hell talon and could post the dimensions that would be a great help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a look at my modeling, painting, and terrain blog
    The Iron Cage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

189 (x8)

I took meassurements of my own Helltalon.
    It's 8 inch wide and 14,5 inch long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow excellent, thanks nuke and dreachon, that answers 2 of my biggest questions.

I figured it would be about twice as long/wide as the hell talon, so with a length of around two feet that's not too impossibly large to make. The next day off I get I'll start buying materials and whatnot for it, plus I need to get a proper workspace set up in my new house.

Will be posting pics for step by steps but don't expect quick results, working 60 hour weeks down here >.<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

189 (x8)

I believe it's closer to 3 times the lenght, FW have indicated a lenght larger than the wingspan of the Manta which ties at about less then 3 feet.

+ Reply to Thread