custom flying bases - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

custom flying bases

hello all, im looking to make some bases for my dark eldar raiders the plastic bases they come with are too flimsy for my liking, i want to put the raiders flying over buildings and the like for a bit of a diarama, im just not sure what sort of material to use as a stand i was considering wooden dowel but not sure about it, any surgestions would be helpful thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I've seen people use painted wooden dowels as bases, or steel ones. Pretty much anything will work, but none of the ones I've seen have quite the visual effects as the ones in the box (which give the impression of actually flying). But if you don't care about that, you can just grab some wooden dowels, as mention, and glue those on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was picturing them just clipping buildings as if they were knocking rubble off so you wouldnt see much of the base, and putting a washer on the rod so the raider balances and doesn't need to be glued

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x1)

forge world do some flying basses (scroll down about 4 items). I haven't seen them in the flesh but they look a lot larger than the standard GW ones, and I'm sure you could work a building into them somehow as they look quite tall
    Project Genestealer Cult

Blood Bowl > You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RhYn0 View Post
    forge world do some flying basses (scroll down about 4 items). I haven't seen them in the flesh but they look a lot larger than the standard GW ones, and I'm sure you could work a building into them somehow as they look quite tall

i think the ones you are talking about are the ones that come with the imprial guard valkarie, there a bit too big for my use, good idea tho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

If you have some spare cities of death terrain pieces you could glue a couple of walls together and have a wooden dowel running up the inside of the join to sit the raider on.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

+ Reply to Thread