Splinter Fleet Oda Tyrant Gaurd - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Splinter Fleet Oda Tyrant Gaurd

If I cant fit the tyrant guard on his base anymore am I able to go up to the carnifex/hive tyrant size base. Does that create problems in playing the game legally/tournaments? I know you cannot go down in size of base but can you go up? If not any suggestions on fitting it onto its original base would be much appreciated.

My first attempt with green stuff. Need to spend a long time getting comfortable with that stuff. After I started using water to help mold it that seemed to help a little, but man I am hoping to cover up all the mistakes during the painting part.

I am in a paint and play league where we start with 500 points for first month and then add 250 points a month. This month is conversion project. So I was going to make a flying Hive Tyrant but I heard that in 2010 with new codex we will get a plastic flying tyrant so I went with tyrant and guard since I had all the models.

For whatever reason the tyrant guard models remind me of my parents bulldogs. So I laugh at them when I see them. I had some extra fex carapaces to mess around with and came up with super armored bugs.

So here are the preprimered armor bugs, figured they didnt need eyes as they are controlled by the hive tyrant through the synapses:

As the Tyranid is moving it would open up a little.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They look Great, and are a Great use of Spare bitz.

You said they reminded you bulldogs, I think of Amercian Football players or armoured Rugby Players...

Weird or what?!

JMG
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are fantastic! Great idea and execution of it. This is what tyrant guard should really look like. Walking masses of chitin. I'd Love to see a pic of them when theyre painted up + a tyrant. Reppy for you sir!
    Sir we have a lock on the Hive tyrant.
    NO! SHOOT THAT SPORE MINE! OH GOD, ITS GOING BACKWARDS!
    if someone helps you, give them rep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Very good job, plus they really look like they are protecting something! As for tournaments, having a mini on a bigger base is OK, just know that you'll be at a disadvantage.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

+ Reply to Thread