Could someone please give me some feedback? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could someone please give me some feedback?

So... the photographs aren't really very good.

Anyway, I have started working on a Warriors of Chaos army for WFB. It's my first army, and I've been playing for a month or two. I was hoping I could get some feedback on my Exalted Champion. Thanks!

Also, I seem to be having problems getting the pictures to show up in the post. I don't use forums really at all; what is the format I have to use to have a picture show up in the post? They are uploaded to imageshack.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/749...mpionfront.jpg
    http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3...ampionback.jpg

Thanks!

Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job!! That makes a nice start. Keep on reading and learning and practicing!
    It would be a pleasure to play against your nice painted models like that... excellent table top quality.
    As for forum/pic posting advice, others can tell you way more than I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pretty well done, good table-top quality as said. It's better than I was when I started, for sure, LOL.
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

the blue highlight seems too bright for the darker blue basecolor

doesnt look bad just a little too bright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelter Skelter View Post
    the blue highlight seems too bright for the darker blue basecolor

doesnt look bad just a little too bright

Thats true, might be able to fix that up easily by running a blue inkwash over it.
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Looks very good, the bones look a little flat and could do with a wash or so, but that might just be the flash. All in all, a very good paint job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Overall it is neat and tidy. Some things I would look at as areas for improvement:

As already stated the blue highlights is too extreme. Sometimes extreme highlighting can look amazing but you need a few things for this to happen. The two colors must work exceptionally well together, and in general the base color is usually darker and blended a bit more with gradual highlights before the extreme highlighting... I don't think the light blue you used is the proper blue to do such an extreme highlight with.

I would mix in some of the base color to the lighter blue and build up the highlights gradually.

I would recommend running at least a devlan mud wash over the horns.

I would highlight the gold.

I would probably recommend darkening or using a darker color to begin with for the boots. Something seems off with the boots and the weapon handles being the same color.

Definitely finish up the base.

I would also recommend spraying a flat varnish over the model ( I used to use testor's dullcote) - but found Krylon crystal clear flat varnish to be just as good, bigger can, and much cheaper. This will help the overall appearance of the figure.

Otherwise good start.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Agreed on all points. You've got a nicely done figure there, especially for a novice. The base colour is a bit flat, but it may be a bit soon to start looking for shading. The highlights are definitely too big a jump, too fast - and they're a bit heavy for my liking. Maybe try getting the highlights a bit thinner, especially on spots like the middle of the knee and elbow guards.

Great work, though!
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

+ Reply to Thread