[Voting] Jon Q's Un-official LO Paint Comp ‘Defiance.’ {Pic Heavy} - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who wins? You decide! Vote! NOW!

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • DavidWC09 – Nurgle Sorcerer

3 4.92%
  • Iliakkin – Co Vet Sergeant Harper

4 6.56%
  • xBanditx – Marine, Son of Orar

4 6.56%
  • P0lak – Eldar, Karandras Defier of one’s Eyes

0 0%
  • Kuffy – Marine, Black Templar

13 21.31%
  • Boomer – Khrave Wierdboy Shaman

1 1.64%
  • Lord Borak – Gobbo Boxer

16 26.23%
  • Jon Quixote – White Black Orc

6 9.84%
  • Zentradi – Valaska Syn

14 22.95%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    467 (x8)

[Voting] Jon Q's Un-official LO Paint Comp ‘Defiance.’ {Pic Heavy}

Jon Q's Un-official LO Painting Contest Number 9

The theme is:
    Defiance.

Info on the theme can be found here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-Defiance.html
    So here we are again.

This is the place to vote for that most coveted of titles... Jon Q's Un-official LO Painting Contest Winner.

Voting closes at 08: 00 on the 13th of September 2009 giving you the best part of a Week to make your choice.

Without any more ado, here are the entries in the order of posting.

I sincerely hope I haven't missed anyone off and if I have, I am most dreadfully sorry.

DavidWC09 – Nurgle Sorcerer

Iliakkin – Co Vet Sergeant Harper

xBanditx – Marine, Son of Orar

P0lak – Eldar, Karandras Defier of one’s Eyes

Kuffy – Marine, Black Templar

Boomer – Khrave Wierdboy Shaman

Lord Borak – Gobbo Boxer

Jon Quixote – White Black Orc

Zentradi – Valaska Syn

Vote for the model that you think fits in best with this theme and is best painted.
    Defiance.

Let voting commence.

PS. It is considered bad form to vote for yourself, so we ask that you don't. There is no way for me to check or stop you (well there is, but I don’t want that silly type of poll with everyone’s names on it), so I hope that you listen to that little voice in your head that is your conscience and do the right thing.

Last edited by Jon Quixote; September 7th, 2009 at 19:06.
    Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

First of all I haven't seen that. But even if I would I wouldn't enter... you see many things have happened and I'm running like hell to raise money so as to be free!

Secondly I wouldn't sare enter with the competiton so high... Choosing only one from all these wonderfully modelled and painted miniatures is a tough call to say the least...

I would have to say that the most funny of all is Lord Borak's Gobbo Boxer... well done for the creativity and originallity...

Zentradi's Valaska Syn has the most beautiful tattoo I have ever seen... and it should deserve a prize only for it!

Kuffy's Marine is only to bow at...

Jon Quixote's White Black Orc as well as Boomer's Khrave Wierdboy Shaman are to be prized only for the originallity... Black White Ork? Weirdboy Shaman purple and resembling a 'Nid?

P0lak's Eldar, xBanditx's Orar Marine, Iliakkin's Vet Serge and DavidWC09's mounted Nurgle Sorcerer poses are defiant enough against the enemy to capture the meaning of the competition! Iliakkin's message is also catchy!

Well done all... But my vote shall be secret!
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

A Vespertine Viper's Nest Of Sublime Wickedness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

1) Well painted, but a bit boring. Not sure how pointing is being defiant.

2) Paintjob is good, but not as good as the other models. Could do with a couple more camera angles for me to decide.

3) I quite like it! But there are some far better models...

4) Urgh. Sorry, but this clashes horribly, and the photos are average at best.

5) Beautiful! I'd vote for this if a marine holding a sword in the air wasn't so damn cliched. Sorry kuffeh.

6) Interesting, but missing a certain something. Lovely paintjob though.

7) If you'd put it on a nicer base and maybe tidied up one or two bits, this would get my vote. Pure genius.

Haha. Clever. White on a white background isn't a good idea for photographs, but it looks great.

9) This gets my vote! Brilliant skin tones, great pose, and great freehand.
    Guardian of DMC's mighty pink thong.

Free Cookies Inside!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x3)

Everyone did a very good job and made this hard for me to vote. The white black ork looks great as well as the boxing gobbo.
    World Eater and Blood Angels striped 8/28/10

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    282 (x5)

Nice a highe standard in this comp as well

DavidWC09 – Nurgle Sorcerer
    Really well painted. I love the horse, still it is a bit "boring". It has not go the same WOW effect as some of the other models that I have seen fro you. (I mainly think about your LOCS and the other sorcer in your WIP.) IMO its becose of the colours, nothing stands out except for the crystals. Still technical it is one of the best.

Iliakkin – Co Vet Sergeant Harper
    Nice lay out, it give the mini a cool feeling. Still the painting dont keep up with some of the other enters. The base is a bit plane as well. The face is nice painted, good job. Also the shadow, al toe its cool, makes it harder to see the actual paint.

xBanditx – Marine, Son of Orar
    Nice colours. One of my favourite, this might get my vote. The red and white looks great. I like the blue eyes i the helmet. The freehand can gain by some more practice, but I know you have not painted altos of freehand. Over al a solid model.

P0lak – Eldar, Karandras Defier of one’s Eyes
    You have a nice colour base, still you use to any colours IMO. Also, as I have sad before your colours look a bit thick. I really think you should try to improve that. it looks like you have a dark primer as a base? If that is so it might explain way it look a bit messy. The black primer shine throe the bright colour and make them look dull. His hair looks nice

Kuffy – Marine, Black Templar
    A good one, it is good, over all it is a good model. The black can have some more extreme highlight in some places. And the sword as well. The base is cool, and I like the banner. This one might get my vote.

Boomer – Khrave Wierdboy Shaman
    Nice colours, still I like to see something that is not purpler blue Its well painted but can use more highlights over all. It turns a bit flat.

Lord Borak – Gobbo Boxer
    Fun and fits the team. Still the painting is not the best. Its good but not as great as some other enters. Also the model leaves no room for any advanced painting techniques. And that is too bad, I know you can paint really well. The painting is not good enough to get my vote.

Jon Quixote – White Black Orc
    Nice, love the white, the skin blends together a pit to much but I love this model, the colour of the shield on the base lift this model. I might give you my vote, as usual you are in my top 3

Zentradi - Valaska Syn
    Get a life you suck, stop painting or learn how to do it. Also straighten up your pictures and glue the model straight the next time.
    Keep the paint diluted and thin :)
    (first rule in Zentradis book of painting)
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Zentradi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

182 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Zentradi View Post
    Zentradi - Valaska Syn
    Get a life you suck, stop painting or learn how to do it. Also straighten up your pictures and glue the model straight the next time.
    That would fit a role in judging my painted models sir. But certainly not yours...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsele View Post
    That would fit a role in judging my painted models sir. But certainly not yours...
    To be honest, he has a point ...

Last edited by ArtificiallyEnhanced; September 8th, 2009 at 11:15.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

I voted for Co Vet Sergeant Harper. He is not the best painted but this is the underline. This paint job isn't bad and he looks like he fits the bill on Defiance the most.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

182 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by ArtificiallyEnhanced View Post
    To be honest, he has a point ...

:p
    He does? I haven't seen anything bad to be truly judgemental...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

I only believe that three qualify as defiance... the Black Templar standing over the explosives, defying any to come close, the Goblin boxer daring any takers to enter the ring, and the g-string, defying us to just grab that..... ok ok, I will keep it G rated..

Sorry, something about just aiming a gun doesn't really stand out as defiance... What are you defying others to do? A mini modeled to be holding a broken beer bottle, while grossly wounded would have fit the description of defiance better than everything, but those three I believe are the closest to what the competition asked for.. My pick is among them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast