[Contest] Spammies Modelling Contest III - Veterans - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

[Contest] Spammies Modelling Contest III - Veterans

Veterans.

This theme is, Veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by thepete
    How about Veteran Soldiers.

Custom IG Veterans, Sternguard, Chosen, Whatever those prancey elves think are cool, etc. Basically, anything that would be considered a veteran, an ork nob or a battlesuit may be a few more examples, even squad leaders!

People entering have a set time in which to design and convert a single based model to the theme set. Members will be expected to post their pictures which will then be placed into a thread for voting. It is done so that people can improve their skills, and try out things. And purely for fun, The winner will get a banner for their sig if they want it

1.) Models from any manufacturer are allowed.

2.) There is one month to each project.

3.) One base (any size) per entry... Multiple models permanently fixed to the single base are allowed. No armies on display boards though.

4.) Models converted within the time frame are looked upon favourably. (It is of course impossible for us to check). Please use this competition to come up with a new idea.

5.) Pictures can be no wider than 700 pixels (as per the normal LO rules).

6.) Maximum of two pictures can be posted. Single pictures of multiple views (montages) are allowed.

7.) The organisers of the competition have the right to refuse entry to any applicant if they feel it doesn't meet the criteria

8.) Voting. It is considered un-sportsmanlike to vote for yourself. You are voting on what you think is the most original, unique, clever conversion.

9.) There should be as little paint as possible on the model. Models with no paint or very little paint will get an extra vote

The closing date is September 30th 23:59 GMT

So just post your completed entries here before the deadline.

It is possible to earn extra votes. If you include a tutorial then I will add 1 vote onto you total.

FAQ:
    1. Is it too late to enter? No it isn’t until the deadline above is reached.
    2. How do I enter? Just post a link to a photo of your mini in this thread, preferably it should follow the LO rules for such things, as it is a bit of a hassle for me to resize stuff and re-host it, but I can if you don’t know how.
    3. The Prize?! Get to choose the next theme! You will also get a unique banner for your sig should you want it. For all the other participants, your prize is experience and fun.

Last edited by Sir Spamalot; September 11th, 2009 at 20:03.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Floating around space finding and converting small planets into biomatter for the fleet.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Now this is tempting. I shall see what I can do.

Main Armies: The Septem Edo Hivefleets || Da Mekanikus of Mek Skagnatz || Clan Skrawlskir of the White Rat || The Eternal Legion of Chlorr

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

Whoa! My thread is dead! It's deader than 'Dead Jack McDead. The winner of last years dead man competition!'

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Oh calm down, I'm just thinking about what i can do for it........

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

572 (x8)

I'm not really getting 'Calmed up' in the first place... i just don't want to have to cancel the contest.

Senior Member Power Hungry Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x2)

Don't worry Spammie. I think I may actually be able to enter this one. I'll make time to get some models and pics done. I may be having a bit more free time at the mo, and just happen to be working on an elite unit right now too, rather coincidental....
    Hobby help? Ask on Themed Armies - Brain for Hire
    WIP Iron Wolves, grrr
    Ia Cthulhu fhtagn! Join the Cult

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Sounds like a Challenge to me Monkey! Put 'em up!

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

I have some IG bits laying around from an old project I started but didn't finish...maybe I can manage an entry...it is just converting afterall, it's not like I have to paint it at all.
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x4)

One way or another, I am looking foward to the conversions. Me subscribed.
    Quote of the Week (Number 3) - "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo (1863-1941)
    Ruina's Hive - My personal Blog

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

542 (x8)

I will try and give this a shot. Yarggh!

Tekore

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast