Spammies WiP Flayed ones - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

Spammies WiP Flayed ones

Here's some WiP shots of my flayed ones. No skin yet. i mainly want some comments on the poses, and also, whether you'd let me use them. Thanks in advance guys!
    Also, i know about the mould lines, so nothing about them please.

Last edited by Sir Spamalot; September 19th, 2009 at 14:09.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far, I like them. A couple still look like they are cradling a non-existant gun, and the second on the left seems to be missing an arm, but I guess you know about that one...

If you feel like doing a little more work on them, you could try having the knees more bent, the torso more hunched over, and the head mounted to match. It would lend them a bit more of a menacing air, and help them look a little less like warriors, as would removing/shaving down the large shoulder-pads. It all depends how closely you want to emulate the GW range, but I'd definitely get rid of the shoulder-pads (even if it's only to make the 'skin' easier to sculpt).

I definitely like the one who's most of the way out of the ground though - menacing...
    Kompletely Kroot - "Needlessly swapping Cs for Ks whenever we feel like it!"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

Thank for the comments mate. i know about the one missing an arm, it's gonna have the ground built up around it. i think i'm quite happy with them as they are. I've just testes with some skin on some and now they look really different. Much better with skin. I'll get some pics once the PVA dries.

Thanks again for the comments mate. the one half way out the ground is my favourite as well

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1329 (x8)

These look nice so far. Lets see them completed.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x4)

I like it so far! I must agree with Maligoare with everything, but I also have a few comments to add about the bases.

Is that the final painting for the bases? Because I think it needs a little extra to it. The Necrons that are coming out of the ground are un-realistic because there is no hole or mound around the body, as all things have a disturbance around them when they are coming out of the ground. So you should do either the effect that you have in the Space Hulk Genestealers, or a hole. But not just flat ground.

Good job so far, Subscribed.
    Quote of the Week (Number 3) - "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo (1863-1941)
    Ruina's Hive - My personal Blog

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

572 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hive Fleet Ruina View Post
    I like it so far! I must agree with Maligoare with everything, but I also have a few comments to add about the bases.

Is that the final painting for the bases? Because I think it needs a little extra to it. The Necrons that are coming out of the ground are un-realistic because there is no hole or mound around the body, as all things have a disturbance around them when they are coming out of the ground. So you should do either the effect that you have in the Space Hulk Genestealers, or a hole. But not just flat ground.

Good job so far, Subscribed.
    I've yet to put sand on the base so no, the bases are old bases. That's all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Looking good mate, good idea and so far, well executed.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

looking good so far, as said above, lots of base work to do, also in my opinion maybe shaving down to claws either side to make them a little sharper with sharper edges to make them less organic maybe? just a thought.

on your 2nd point, i see no reason at all why you couldnt play them, they are clearley not warriors

i really like the pose on the front one... MC flayeddude...can't touch 'dis
    Kobalt's TOP results thus far: ( W / D / L )

Ultramarines 8 / 2 / 0 Dark Elves 0 / 0 / 0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x1)

Very nice! I dig the poses. I think they will look very nice on the battle field. The guy that is in the front coming out is my fav.
    Generic Minis - My Blog

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

572 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by warmonkey View Post
    Very nice! I dig the poses. I think they will look very nice on the battle field. The guy that is in the front coming out is my fav.
    Thanks mate? Which one in the front? There are 4

Anyway, i have skin on all 8 now. Pics'll be up tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast