Space Hulk Genestealers - Show off! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

Space Hulk Genestealers - Show off!

Here it is! A place to show off all of your painted genestealers from space hulk. Hopefully lots of people will post many different schemes. Enjoy guys!

These aren't finished for me yet, i've changed the eye and tongue colour.

Last edited by Sir Spamalot; September 25th, 2009 at 11:19.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Not 100% that these look finished TBH. The blood and gore effect appears to be a little too gratuitous, and the shading and layering on teh bodies doesn't appear enough - I know these models are exquisitely detailed given they are plastic, so would expect a little more oomph. The stealer wcarving through the floor is a personal favourite model of mine now (though the brrodlord is easily the moddiest most characterful piece in teh box) and the model deserves at least a few more layers of deep shading, especially aropund the body/deck interface. The claws ought to be highlighted a bit more, even if they are gore spattered, and you need to pick out the mouth and needle-teeth a little more to give them decent definition.

Not meant to discourage, but as always, honest critique...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

thanks mate. Look at the end of my post. I said they weren't finished. I have added more shading and changed the gore and the tongue. I just haven't got pics yet. Thanks for the criticism anyway mate.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

that thing is disgusting =x

he looks like he just ate one of my marines
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

No worries - looking forward to seeing them completed. TBH they have at least a few layers of paint on them, I am too busy painting Archaon and Ragnar Blackman for GD to bother with Space Hulk yet...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

572 (x8)

Thanks guys. Remember, this is a thread to show off YOUR space hulk genestealers, not just comment on mine

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I like the gratuitous blood myself, I mean ship combat is very brutal. More models need silly amounts of gore, looking at you Khorne players.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread