How to do my orkses - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

How to do my orkses

Just wondering if people could post how to paint various clans boys, warbosses, nobs and deffkoptas

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

With my Snakebites, I have a few different colors for their clothes. Since no Ork should be wearing the same thing.

So here is how I do it (At least for Snakebites)

Prime Black

Slap your 'fleshy/leather/brown' color onto anywhere there is fabric. Doesnt matter if you're neat really. So far I have used Snakebite leather, Bleached Bone, Fortress grey, Scorched brown, Bronzed Flesh, Elf Flesh, etc etc.

Next, Paint the skin. I personally do Goblin Green to start but now I wish I didn't, and went with a Catachan Green with 1:1 rotting flesh/Catachan green highlights. Oh well.

Next, paint your Straps and your Boots a darker or lighter brown color. Make it really contrasting. For Example: Elf flesh cloth - Scorched Brown Straps. Scorched Brown Cloth - Bronzed Flesh Straps. Etc.

Next, do the metal. Buckles, Straps, Armor bitz and gobz in Boltgun metal.

After this I do any little special things with the model. Paint bullets bronze, Teef bleached bone, paint the inside of the mouth, just make everything look good and propa'.

Finally, I wash the hell out of it. Starting with a strong coat of badab black all over it. Once that has dried, I do Thraka Green on the Arms, and Devlan mud on the rest of them.

I do my boys Seven at a time with this, takes about an hour and a half for me.

For speshul gitz I do them individually, so I can get them looking just right.

These guys I did incredibly quick to meet a deadline for a tournament..But the above is exactly how I did it.

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    New Zealand
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

743 (x8)

This has a near-zero effort level. Great for a horde army.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

+ Reply to Thread