Red and Green - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Red and Green

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Red and Green

I am currently painting Tyranids with Green skin and black carapace highlighted red with purple fleshly bits.

Across my different broods I've used a combination of colours but am not really happy with any of them. The green combinations I have used are
    1. Orkhide shade, knarloc green followed by thraka green wash
    2. Knarloc Green, goblin green, scorpion green followed by thraka green wash
    3. dark angels green, snot green, goblin green

The red is normally scab red, red gore, blood red.

As I am next going to paint my carnifex's, tyrants and broodlord I wanted ideas to improve my highlights/shading, well basically my painting!
    And if anyone has any good ideas for patterns on the carpace I would love to heard them.

2. Remove Advertisements

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Edmonton, AB
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

381 (x8)

Orkhide to Knarloc is a kind of funky progression. Knarloc leans heavily yellow and Orkhide is much more a straight green, maybe even blue leaning. I think at least a single 1:1 intermediate mix between the two is needed to make that transition work.

Regardless, what you really need for any of those progressions, is more contrast. Depending on the look you want, do another highlight with some yellow or bleachd bone mixed in, and a final tiny little dab of a highlight on the edges with bone or yellow that just has a dab of goblin or scorpion green in it.

+ Reply to Thread