Command Squad - Finished - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Command Squad - Finished

Rather than Necro post and jig attachments around I thought I'd put another thread up Shameless i know.

Update on these Guys. Finished now. Just got to neaten up the rims of the Bases but thats it. Alas the Photo's aren't as good as the others but it's getting Dark here now so no natural light.

Linky to the unfinished but better pics http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1556904

Enjoy.

Comments welcome.

EDIT: Duplicate pics changed.

Attached Images
    Last edited by Lord Borak; October 7th, 2009 at 18:21.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

i don't think it's necro posting if you're bumping a WIP thread.... but, looks good none the less

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Those shields are very nice! Did you make the cobblestone effect yourself on the bases or use some pre-made ones?
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Oh yes, those look real nice. Very good use of the combat shield and is that a Scout knife? Also, is that a freehand aquila on the shoulder?! It's looking really good, man. I can't wait to see the rest of the squad.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

KELTER: Aye, Maybe you're right. It's more of a case of me being lazy though.

PRINCE: Cheers mate! The Cobble stones are just a sheet of textured Plasticard. All i did was cut out a circle shape and stick it to a 2 Pence peice. Easy like.

RAVEN: The Sword is off the Catachan Heavy Weapons Spure. It's such a nice sword I had to use it. they were going to have Guard Chainswords but hey. Yeah the Details on the Shoulders are pure freehand. I'm quite happy with the way they came out.

Rest of the Squad you say??? Thats it!!! There's only 4 of the Fellas. The Colonel is already done. He's loitering around here someplace.

Oh, Sorry it's taking ages but i haven't forgot about that tutorial on how to do a "walking Necron" for you.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

545 (x8)

I'm glad you hadn't forgotten - because I totally had! Also, now that I look closer I can see those are four different models, not two! Great looking models, good stuff.

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    Yeah the Details on the Shoulders are pure freehand. I'm quite happy with the way they came out.
    I'm repping you for that alone. They're very nice work.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendove View Post
    I'm glad you hadn't forgotten - because I totally had! Also, now that I look closer I can see those are four different models, not two! Great looking models, good stuff.

Ah i see why you thought that. Theres 2 shots of the same 2 blokes. i'll have to sort that out at some point Well now these guys are sorted out. I just need to paint 6 Sentinels and build a Chimera and then i can make that tutorial...... *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey View Post
    I'm repping you for that alone. They're very nice work.

Ta very much Mr Monkey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

well done, very nice freehand detail work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    337 (x6)

Loved them unpainted, now I adore them, they just pose personality. They almost look realsitic, I think they are more visually appealing that pretty much any unconverted guardsmen or marines in the current ranges. Colour scheme is great and really complements them, almost like a modern take on the arbiters. POssibly my favourite models on LO... well maybe after blackadders titan, but hey, that just amazing. Top notch, rep.

+ Reply to Thread