Comission a Primarch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comission a Primarch

Hello all modellers,

I am looking to commission some one to create the Space Marine Raven Guard Primarch _ Corax.

Following taken from the internet at various sources apologise that I can not remember / credit the members. If you do recognise anything please let me know and I will credit the appropriate person.

Corax is the missing Primarch of the Raven Guard.
    [edit] The Horus Heresy
    During the Horus Heresy the Drop Site Massacre occurred on the planet Istvaan V.
    The Iron Hands, Salamanders and Raven Guard were deployed in the first wave of the assault. After they secured the drop site, they were to have been followed by the other four legions. The first wave secured the drop site at heavy cost.
    Horus ordered his front line troops to fall back, tempting Ferrus Manus to overstretch his already thin lines. Against the advice of Corax and Vulkan, Manus led his veterans against the fleeing Chaos troops unsupported. Manus brought Fulgrim to combat.
    As the two Primarchs drew their weapons, the Raven Guard and Salamanders fell back to regroup and allow the second wave legions to advance and earn glory. However, as they returned they were mowed down by the four legions that landed to support them. Horus then pressed his attack and sandwiched the loyalists, killing most of them. Several determined groups managed to break out of the trap and escape to the few remaining drop ships.
    With his legion depleted from the destruction of Istvaan V and the Imperium teetering on the brink of destruction, a critically wounded Corax was brought to Terra in a Stasis tube.
    [edit] Corax's Act of Desperation
    In order to rebuild the strength of his sons, Corax knew he must take extreme action. Once healed, Primarch Corax ordered the chapter Apothecaries to use forbidden zygote acceleration and cloning processes to replenish the Chapter's numbers. Methods used are lost to history, but the process allowed the creation of new Marines at the cost of the purity of the chapter's gene-seed.
    The process suffered high failure rates causing many to become hulking monsters. The results were not always successful. Ninety percent of the recruits were unable to hold a Bolter let alone fire it. Of 100 recruits, perhaps one would have a genome stable enough to become a Space Marine. Despite the inefficiency of the method, the Raven Guard was able to become combat worthy enough to reenter the war, despite fielding a much smaller force.
    edit Post Horus Heresy

After the Horus Heresy, Corax gave the Emperor's Peace to every surviving monster that resulted from the hastened Marine development. Corax supported Roboute Guilliman's plan for the Second Founding. This saw the remaining Loyalist Space Marine Legions broken up into smaller, more flexible 1000-man units known as Chapters. Never again would one man wield the power of an entire Space Marine Legion.
    [edit] Corax's Last Days
    Corax's end was tainted by guilt and shame. Riddled with guilt over what he had done, Corax locked himself away within his sanctum, the Raven's Tower, for a year. On the anniversary date of his self-imposed exile, he left his tower, haggard and gaunt, and took a small shuttle-craft. It was last monitored as setting a course for the Eye of Terror, the realm of the Chaos gods. He left, leaving only a single word as his valediction: "Nevermore".
    edit Trivia

- Corax's last word, "Nevermore" is a reference to the well-known Edgar Allen Poe poem, "The Raven", of which the last line is "'Quoth the Raven, nevermore'".
    - "Corax" translates to "Raven" in ancient Greek .

As I live in the UK I am looking for some once / company based here or mainland Europe, if you have any links or is a modeller your self please provide examples of your work within the thread and I will have a look. And will be in touch with you if I decide to go with you or not.

Kindest regards
    Retrieved from "http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Corax"

Last edited by hildan; October 9th, 2009 at 13:09.
    I'm Batman

W1 / L1 / D1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

Sounds Cool. If you are having trouble getting people, split up the commission. Got to the modelling section and see if you can get someone to model it for you. Then look for someone to paint it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I think that first post went a little awry,

I’m not looking for that exact modeller, (although it is blooming fantastic)

Just looking for a UK / Europe based modeller who would be interested in taking a commission work for the Primarh of the Raven Guard.

I already have a painter I regularly use so it wouldn’t need painting.

Just a good UK / Europe based modeller who can show me some examples of there work.

Hope to hear from some of you guys soon.

Kind Regards
    I'm Batman

W1 / L1 / D1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well,

After seeing this guys work

GRYTS MINIS

Who I believe to be based in America, some of his examples are as follows –

CoolMiniOrNot - Corax Primarch RavenGuard by GRYTZminis
    CoolMiniOrNot - Corax Primarch of Ravenguard by GRYTZminis
    CoolMiniOrNot - Raven Guard Grand Master of the chapter by GRYTZminis

These are the Raven Guard Primarch Corax and I think they are fantastic.

In light of these feel I may have been a bit cold shoulder-ish and will extend the search to include any modeller world wide who maybe interested in this project.

And I am struggling to believe that no one wants to make a Primarch
    I'm Batman

W1 / L1 / D1

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Heheh that one rules!Great job he looks awrsome,but he should have modeled him a bit taller and i dont like the mechanics on the wings.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. April 4th, 2011, 14:52
  2. March 16th, 2011, 04:48