Painting Visual Effects - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x2)

Painting Visual Effects

I'm having trouble creating a visual effect for my Grey Knight chapter symbol on the side of my land raider, i want to try and get the effect of the pages sitting open like pages of an actual book, where near the spine the pages are raised and they slope down towards the edge of the book.

Does anyone have any tips with using washes/ inks/ paints etc to achieve this effect? This is what i've got so far.

Grey Knight WIP Thread <Clicky>

I am the Hammer...

2. Remove Advertisements

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

979 (x8)

You're best off painting the highlights/shades on manually.
    Take a dark brown and mix it with your base colour, then carefully paint it over the areas that would be shaded, then highlight in a similar way.

This would be a slight highlight towards the outer edge of the page, then leave it base colour, then a brighter highlight at the very highest bulge of the page, then a deep shade in the spine.

Just be as careful as you can, practice on a piece of paper beforehand, and use very thin paint, and you should be fine.
    At the end of the day, it's just a matter of practice, so give it a go!

minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

+ Reply to Thread