Welcome to Librarium Online!
Hi all! So I decided to make my first themed piece of terrain. It is going to be a ruined temple that has been converted to support khorne. So far I have some details glued onto my polystyrene. This is also going to become a sort of tutorial. Anyways here it is:
Ruined Temple of Chaos:
- Cheap glue (elmers works fine)
- Cheap craft paint in some earthy and dark colors (browns, black, gray, white, maybe green.)
- Cake decorating Pillars (I found these in my local Michaels craft store. I also found them at Walmart.)
- Polystyrene pink or blue (this is the stuff used to insulate houses. I chose pink because it was what I had.)
- Hobby knife (X-Acto knife. I also used a cheap "foam cutter". It is basicaly a mini saw with changeable blades.)
- Bitz from a sprue (Since mine is a chaos temple I am using some bitz from a warriors of chaos regiment.)
- Balsa wood and other wooden pieces (I used mine to make wooden debris and chunks from a roof.
- OPTIONAL: Small bricks. (These I got from a toy store, they are in a wooden case and you get a bunch of bricks, they are expensive though)
I don't have a picture but carve out your foam into a suitable base for a temple. You don't need any details really but try to make the sides not straight. I added scars and cracks to mine by dragging the knife along the surface. Also try to take all the little chunks off that won't stay on when you paint.
This is the fun part in my opinion. Start to add the details to the base. I cut a pillar in half with my foam knife/saw. It will shoot dust everywhere that I can assume is not good for you. You can wear a mask or try not to inhale it. I added some square wood bits from my local craft store to act as tiles. I also added some large chunks of balsa wood that were chunks of roofing. I took some of the bricks, smashed them up with a hammer and made the ruins of an altar. I used green-stuff to make a stand for a chaos symbol bit and stuck it on. I also used green stuff to stick a shield to the altar.
Thats all for tonight i'm afraid! Tommorow I will update with more bits added and maybe a huge slab of roofing ontop of a pillar. I want to finish this by maybe wednesday so stay tuned!!
Looks awesome cant wait for more pics.
Space Marines (W7/D2/L4) Orks (W0/D0/L0)
Join my Tau army
alright a quick update: I finished adding some more bits and I put on a bunch of layers of thinned pva glue so I can spraypaint it! I'm also making some stairs. Sorry no pics tonight. I will finish it tommorow with painting. (maybe thursday well see)
Hi all! quick update again no pics! Sorry. I spraypainted it black and unfortunately some of it melted. Now it looks even cooler!
Melted?Ohhh man you must have been really close and sprayed too much,but if it looks cooler it will be for the better,can w8 to see it!!!
Praise be to the Emperor!!
Hi all Final Update!! So I finished the details, added blood spatters with a turkey baster, and added some trampled static grass. Also some blue rune markings on the wood. Enjoy!
Thank you guys for all the support! I'm very happy with the way it turned out and I hope you guys are too! I plan on making more chaos scenery, so be on the lookout on the scenery forum. My next plan is a cave or burrow with a table with plans on it with a bunch of dead guys representing a battle over the plans.
Thats great man,simply great good show!
Praise be to the Emperor!!