scratch built dread help please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    leeds yorkshire england am not a yorkie though
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scratch built dread help please

ive started scracth building a dread from plasti card now how i have it planned is real easy the only bit im totally lost on is legs. ive tried 4/5 different ways of doing lgs
    (currently im in the middle of converting my AOBR dread to have his body turning so he is my test pilot for the legs basically there either to long to short or too skinny oh its also gonna be an iron clad

any help would me amazing ive tried legs the way Ig sentinals go back forwards the only other thing i have considered is tank tack type legs these i know i can make as i converted my SM bikes front wheels to have a track instead so there more like snow mobiles

thanks in advance

i rock my world

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try using your AOBR dreadnought's legs as a guide for size, and trace a single-piece design for the hip-joint, and a couple of sinple 'rectangle with a circle on top' shapes for the legs of the Dreadnought. Transfer it to plasticard (using two layers for each leg), add a couple of hip supports to keep the torso on, and use GS to neaten it all up. For feet, three pieces of plasticard should suffice, at about 1mm thick each. Cut them to match the size of the normal feet, and use the three layers to build up the toe structure. Shin pads would be the most diffcult part, but Scibor (I think) does a great tutorial on using GS for that purpose. You should find it if you google 'scibor miniatures'.

For inspiration, have a look at my part-scratchbuilt dreadnought. I also used a couple of Tau vehicle burst cannons for the rear pistons.

Kompletely Kroot - "Needlessly swapping Cs for Ks whenever we feel like it!"

leeds yorkshire england am not a yorkie though
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks alot mate thats really helpful ive tried copying them but didnt think of doing it on paper then transfering it to plasti card thanks for the photo too thats really gonna help have some rep sir id do it twice if it would let me
    i rock my world

+ Reply to Thread