Chosen Made from Grey Knights: Finished - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chosen Made from Grey Knights: Finished

Hello all,

You may or may not have seen the thread I put forward in the modeling section about my conversion of Grey Knights SM to CSM Chosen of the Word Bearers.

After a few days of work, here's a few pics:

The model in the middle is a Chaos Lord with a Daemon Weapon.

Constructive Criticism? Thoughts? Praise?

~Theodorik

CSM W:4 L:2 D:1
    I've begun work on a squad of raver noise marines. The champion is finished, and I'm waiting to get more models to convert.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painting is meh. Decent for the table but you could use some techniques if you want to improve what you already have. Washes and inks work wonders on metal. Black ink for silvers brown for golds/bronzes. They sink into the cracks and bring out the deatil by darklining the details.

Conversions are nice and altogether I'd call it a great success...

Don't worry I'm a mediocre painting as well, but really consider investing inks for your metals... Made mine much better! Especially golds...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

The conversions worked really well imo. The dynamic poses of the GKs really bring some character and life into your Chosen. That demon weapon looks particularly mean!

On the paint job - it makes your models looks dark and gritty - just how CSM should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the praise guys.

I will probably get to buying black ink for metallics soon. I do use EXTENSIVE brown washes on my Death Guard Plague Marines, however, and it works wonders there.

I'm not sure as to what I want to do next. I was considering a DP of Tzeentch, a Defiler painted in the colors of The Purge, World Eaters Chosen (with a pair of LC's!) or the Rave Noise Marines.
    CSM W:4 L:2 D:1
    I've begun work on a squad of raver noise marines. The champion is finished, and I'm waiting to get more models to convert.

+ Reply to Thread