Space Marines Color - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need some help. I have been playing and painting 40k for five going on six years now and I my gaming skill have improved greatly but my painting has not. I hav decided to go space marines but i want to know how to paint them the easiest but still look good. I was thinking maybe white skars. does anyone know where to find pictures and rules for the raven guard chapter. Maybe some one has an idea of a easy chapter they painted(not made up, please). thanks

"That is the sound of inevitability"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The easiest chapters to paint are Blood Angels or Dark Angels. Red or green with some details thrown in.
    Check it out.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"
    "Sometimes I feel like the winner in the Aztec Lucky Virgin contest"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Space Marines are relatively easy to paint because there's a lot of large spaces,like the shoulder pads and lower leg guards.As far as the colour that really depends on what you like.Just be suire that if you chose light colours to base coat with white.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL unfortunantly your wrong my friend. Black Templar would be the easiest I believe or so the multitude of threads on the same topic through the past have come to the same conclusion!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually find models with a lot of detail easiest to paint. Models like space marines do have large open areas that are easy to paint...plainly. Almost anyone can paint a single color onto a model. Some have problems with a smooth coat of paint, but most people can paint a big open area. However it's hard to paint a smooth flat area WELL. It takes very skilled drybrushing or blending to get good shading and highlights on a flat surface. With a detailed miniature you can paint a lot of small areas a single color, but as a whole the model looks very detailed. It doesn't take any advanced skills, just the patience to paint each piece. So I find it easier to paint thinks like Orcs, Chaos, and such.

On a tangent with this topic is I like to paint chapters that have a variety of themes. That way I don't burn out on painting the same thing over and over. Dark Angels, for example, have the usual DA dark green, bone colored Death Wing units, black Raven Wing, and white Robed sergeants. Lots of different colors to paint. Ultramarines on the other hand tend to be endless fields of blue. Just my preference though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Bigshindig@Aug 27 2004, 04:00
    (not made up, please)
    [snapback]204010[/snapback]
    Err, Why NOT make one up for yourself? That way you can get all the good bits you want, and none of the bad ones. It's not like it's very hard to make upp fluff in the 41st millenium anyway, and I'm sure you can come up with a colour scheme too.
    As for painting, I always seem to favour dark blue and dark red since they are very easy to paint. My marines are painted deadly nightshade (old colour), a dark blue. I then drybrush and highlight with a lighter blue and ink with black. I paint my red almost the same way, starting with scab red, highlight and ink with a 50/50 red/black mix of inks.
    I usually ink AFTER I have applied the highlights since I want a dark colour in the end. That way I can be a little sloppier with them and over-highlight since I know it will get darker later.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if your not sure on your painting skills id stay away from white armour , its hard to get right and it looks realy bad if there not enough shading in it , if your starting space marines i strongly agree with tubal , make up your own colour scheme , it much more intresting , and you can write your own background story for your chapter and you can write fluff n stuff for them , its much more creative than just following a GW theme , those are just my thoughts but if you want an easy scheme go with black templars or Blood angels , the white , black and red , black colours contrast well and ther fairly easy to start with .
    AE-86 Twin cam corolla . a beaut !

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/imperator-judicium' target='_blank'>Please visit my website . Imperator -=][=- Judicium .</a>

<a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Mojo.jojo' target='_blank'>LOL &#33; this is one of the funiest videos ive ever seen &#33;</a>

join the librarium-online dawn of war clan <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/librarium/' target='_blank'>HERE</a>

<a href='http://data.forumhoster.com/forum_slayer/index.php?showforum=1' target='_blank'>Check when the next clan game is on here</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;d say go for the Crimson Fists. Easy enough to paint but also different enough so much so that you&#39;ll seldom meet another similar army.

-Steve
    Barneys Japanese Girlfriend: &quot;I would like a single plum, floating in perfume, served in a mans hat&quot;

In your mind - well you cant prove im not.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do not, i repete do not do white scars if you want a army thats easy to paint, they are the hardest marine chapeter to paint is you do it properly. If you want a easy chapeter that has good rules do one of the fists, blood angels or dark angels.
    The poster formaly known as VampireSoul, formaly known as OrkSlugga now known as Orkslugga.

The Voice of Reason RJSuperfreaky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x3)

Yeah, picking your own chapter is the best, because you can paint it HOWEVER you want. I DO think that Black Templars are VERY easy to paint, but to really get them looking their best takes patience and excellent highlighting skills. Black and white are among the 2 hardest colors to highlight well. Black because it&#39;s difficult to highlight properly and still have it look black (and not grey or dark blue), and white because it either looks too bleached or too dirty, and tends to cake.

Blue is one of the easiest to highlight, as is green.
    Marion: You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
    Indiana: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

For the last time, there are
    NO FEMALE SPACE MARINES!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast