Daemon prince from spawn? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Daemon prince from spawn?

I have been toying around with the idea in my head of making a daemon prince for my chaos marines out of the base of a chaos spawn...

I would want to thicken up the leg muscles a bit and maybe add some hanging piece of armor but essentially I want a daemon prince that looks like he could tear things up.

Does anyone think this is plausible/viable/worth it? I've just never been a fan of the rather static looking prince we have and want something that would let me learn to sculpt a little while giving me a total control over what god I want it to appear to worship.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

i agree the demon prince model is completely balls

i personally use the be'lakor model as a demon prince, he looks exactly how i think a DP should

otherwise the chaos spawn could be fine but would require a lot of work because the goal of that kit is sort of to let you make things that look... "effed up"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Thinking of doing the same thing, though it might just be easier to custom scuplt something from the ground up.

But that is a daunting prospect....
    #25 - Relation to the original topic decreases with every single post.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

Hmm... While I agree that the Daemon Prince model is crap, I don't much like the Chaos Spawn models either. You could try looking into the Forgeworld range, but they're much more difficult to convert. I personally like the idea of using Be'lakor, since he looks exactly like I envision a Prince to look.

~ DiW

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Is that the LOTR guy with the flames and stuff? If I did use a spawn I'd make sure hes fairly converted and I'd rather have an aggressive pose more along the lines of the spawn, hunched over and running... and with the wings I could easily make it look like hes using them instead of standing there screaming into the wind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

OH GOSH LOTR guy with flames and stuff haha! Sorry Omgitsduane, I'm just a big LOTR junkie so that makes me laugh. That's the balrog. Be'Lakor is a demon in the Chaos fantasy range, who was used in the Storm of Chaos campaign. He's the one pointing, aka targetting his next kill
    Signature? What, do I sign my name here or something?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

Oh can't say I've ever heard of it... I fell asleep watching the first LOTR and have never looked back so excuse me for not knowing... all those fantasy names sound the same to me.

EDIT: After looking up at the actual model I think that it is a good idea and I'm sold... now just to get money.

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by omgitsduane; October 19th, 2009 at 16:39.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

No, the big LOTR guy with the flames and stuff is the Balrog. Be'lakor 'The Dark Master' is a Daemon Prince from the Fantasy Chaos Daemons range that originally appeared in the Storm of Chaos campaign a few years ago.

Glad to hear you've made your decision.

~ DiW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by omgitsduane View Post
    Oh can't say I've ever heard of it... I fell asleep watching the first LOTR and have never looked back so excuse me for not knowing...
    Fall....asleep? *faints*

It's fine, just thought it was funny because I was pretty shocked when I first read that!
    Signature? What, do I sign my name here or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my chaos army i use be'lakor the dark master also, but after a recently look at LOTR's models i thinking about gettin Gulavhar, the Terror of Arnor for my chaos instead its a very simalar model as be'lakor but it looks more terrifiying imo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast