How to paint a White Rhino? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    San Jose, CA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

How to paint a White Rhino?

I have a bunch of Sister Vehicles to paint and my sisters are all white and red...Painting minis with a fine brush is fine for me but I feel really out of my element when it comes to vehicles. I would like to paint my rhinos mostly white, but I run into a problem when it comes to the process of doing so. If I paint on a darker colour first and try to bring it white I find that it takes forever, and ever, and ever...If I paint a spay white first I have to apply a wash that I have found to work out ok if I keep it thin enough. Normally when dealing with darker vehicles I just drybrush on lighter colours and do a little hard edging at the end...Whit pure whit though would you only hard edge a darker colour like a grey or brown?

Any tips on painting white vehicles at all would be awesome or any tutorials on vehicle painting of any colour would be most cool.

2. Remove Advertisements

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

979 (x8)

Spray white.
    A very thin coat of white paint to cover any areas you missed.
    Wash a thin blue, brown or black wash into the recesses (each will give you a different finish, try some out and see what you like most).
    Paint in all the details.
    Touch up any over-washes/mistakes.

minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

+ Reply to Thread