warlock jetbike conversion (done to death i know) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

warlock jetbike conversion (done to death i know)

i've seen a lot of these conversions that involve cutting up/dremelling metal models.

what i'd like to do (because i'm awful at the above), is kitbash this. the dire avenger exarch body has a nice big spirit stone on the chest, and the dire avenger power sword/glaive are great for witchblade/singing spears. if i add the high elf noble cape (the one with the nice big gem at the bottom) to the back and either a naked head or even a dire avenger head, it could make for a nice model that will stand out against a guardian jetbike squad or in a jebike council. can easily fluff my craftworld as having militant seers.

it should be noted that i won't have any dire avengers in the army so the heads would be suitably unique. with a few rune bits and pieces here and there, i think this would make a nice, easy conversion.

has anyone done this rather than cut up nice metals?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

His jetbikes are many. Mayor Quimby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    338 (x4)

For my Warlocks on Jetbike I cut the metal models at the wrist and used standard Jetbike legs (you can see them here) and spears from the High Elf spearmen.

However, for my Warlock on foot I used a different method, similar to the one suggested by you... the Warlock joining the Wraithguards is made from a Dire Avenger Exarch torso (to use the large Spirit Stone on the chest, as you said), Dire Avenger Spear and Storm Guardian Head:

For the Warlocks joining the Storm Guardians I used Guardian torsoes (I sculpted the Wraithbone armor using Green Stuff) and Storm Guardian heads. The spears are from the Dire Avengers Exarch and from High Elf Spearmen (the blade is from a Singing Blade)... you can find the thread here

I guess you can easily do something like this on Jetbike models, just using Jetbike Guardian legs. I don't recommend cloaks or capes, save them for the Farseer... hope this helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

some beautiful models you've got there. good to know i can do this with hacking at metal. i'll post some pics when i'm done, probably in febuary.

having looked at the high elf bits, there's enough unique heads in there that each of my warlocks can go sans helm for a bit of a wild rider feel. one of the high elf mage heads is also perfect for a farseer in flight. will be using the mounted he body for that one!

+ Reply to Thread