Highlighting a Helmet? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Atlanta, GA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Highlighting a Helmet?

I have a question.

How would the painters here highlight the top of a cadian helmet. I have basecoated the helmet dark angels green then highlighted the edges with snot green. Then a thin line or scorpian green. At first I thought I should just paint a snot green dot and then another scorp green dot. Then I tried a ring of snot and then a thin ring or scorp. I also tried doing a horse shoe shaped highlight. Should I just leave the top alone? What do you think?

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only a few seconds away from death.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

post a pic so we can see your attempts...

When it comes to highlighting something that is spherical in shape you need to blend down to the darker colors below.. Otherwise if there are raised edges, you highlight those edges to give it the depth...

On my Space Marine helmets, I only hit the raised edges. But that is a personal preference, and others might blend the blacks to a lighter gray than the black to give the appearance of light hitting a black surface and brightening it.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. November 18th, 2009, 07:42