Librarium Online Forums banner

Nooooo - Marks on carpet!

1K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Pierced53 
#1 ·
Dark coloured marks have appeared on my blue carpet that weren't there before. Consensus of opinion is that they are drops of Chaos Black spray paint brought in from my garage when I was spraying Black Ark Corsairs.

The marks are now dry.

Has anyone got advice regarding removal of said marks, whether it be elbow grease, removal fluids etc?

I am in the UK if any brand names are being mentioned.

Thanks in advance.

My wife is being quite understanding - at the moment!

#2 ·
I would like to know too

i tried some house hold clearer stuff - you know the usuall kitchen/bathroom stuff- lightened them a bit but couldn't get rid of them

#4 ·
My wife is being quite understanding - at the moment!
Ooooh... that's always a bad sign isn't it? She's likely planning to leave you of course. :secret:

But I'm probably just kidding. ;)

Sadly it's far too late now to blame the cat/dog/kids/global warming, but If the marks are not too big or deep into the pile then your best bet (since the've already dried in) is to carefully trim the spots off with scissors or the edge of a blade.

Failing that, ASDA are selling a dozen red roses for just £4. So long as you remember to take the price tag off and moan about the 'disgraceful price of flowers these days' then you should be in the clear. :)

Until the flowers die. Then you'll have to buy her some shoes.

#9 ·
I had a incident with a pot of golden yellow slipping out of my hands when I unscrewed the top (citadel colour pot with only the screw on tops). Got all over the plastic shades and the carpet. After it dried the shades was no problem but the carpet....I just took a box cutter to all the little specks on the carpet, not fun.

#10 ·
Eep! Not good. A lot of this depends on the type of carpet. If they are SMALL black marks, you could try simply cutting free the offending bits.

If that's not an option, try that link mentioned higher up, but bear in mind that while GW PAINTS are water-based, the PRIMER is not.

How noticeable is this stuff? You could hire a professional, if all else fails.

#17 ·
I don't know if you have it over there or anything like it but there is a product called OxiClean if you get the regular old powdered formula and mix it up with warm water I've taken permanent marker completely out of things before so I know it will do paint as well.

Just pour it on and let it set for like 15 min and then use fresh water and keep pressing dry towels on top to pull out all the moisture, repeat if it doesn't work the first time. It's a pain in the butt, but works magic on hard stains.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.