BobaHat's Attilan Guard blog - another crazy project... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

BobaHat's Attilan Guard blog - another crazy project...

Hi all,

Once again old BobaHat has embarked on another crazy endeavour. This time it is....

ATTILANS

That's right! The furry horse-masters are my latest project. All you gits out there who say they aren't cool just don't get it.

So here is a first look at some of my new conversions:

The first two Guardsmen. I have used Steel Legion minis (they have been painted before and I've stripped most of the paint) with Chaos Marauder horsemen heads and lots of green stuff. The lasguns have also been lengthened and need a bit more work but you get the idea:

And here is my commander converted from the Ar Ulric mini. He has been given a classic attilan sergeant bolt pistol (slightly modified) and a nice big halberd-looking weapon:

What do you all think?

I am also in need of a good colour scheme for these guys. I'm not sure I'll be going for the blue colour as I think it's a bit too neat for a regiment from a world where they never wash themselves...

Last edited by BobaHat; November 23rd, 2009 at 15:06. Reason: Update
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Wow these guys look great. The head on the second guy crouching looks a little off centre but the sergeant I excellent. What colour scheme you gonna do?

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Bobba - As usual you pull off some awesome looking conversions for guard units. I love how they look, very Mongolian - especially the one with the plaits in his beard. I can't wait to see them painted.

Now... are you planning on making a squad or two for each guard regiment or something, because that's quite mad.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Hehe I don't know what I'm planning really. To tell you the truth I've got enough bits to make a whole Attilan army, a whole Mordian army and a whole Penal Legion army... so eventually, I'll probably get something done.
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

256 (x4)

Those are some fine looking conversions you've got going there. The sculping looks really good. Can't wait to see them painted.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Now they look cool! Thats going to take you some serious time to make a whole army of these boys.

Maybe you could look at getting some of the old Ratskin models as well. They'd fit the theme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

Here's my first Rough Rider. I now realise how damn difficult it is to paint horses... Oh well... I've got 29 more to do and I suppose practice makes perfect.

I've gone with the red/brown look as I was advised. I kinda like that colour scheme.

What do you think?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Wow! Thos look great - though the horses could well do with being updated a little bit - saddle-bags, ammo-pouches, bedding rolls, canteens, water bottles etc would all probably be par for the course on Attilan rough riders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

Good point!

I haven't thought of adding a lot of equipment to the horses, but that will be done ASAP.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

very nice! rep!
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

+ Reply to Thread