Mars Warhound. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mars Warhound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mars Warhound.

Hey there guys,

As the end of the year is approaching, I'm going to be getting a fairly good bonus from work before holidays start. And so, I thought, seeing as I don't have many bills to take care of, I might treat myself...in the form of a Mars Warhound Titan. The exchange rates are very good at the moment, and figured why not hehe, always wanted a beast model to test myself on.
    I don't really plan to use the Titan as a gaming model, more just something to showcase what I've learned over the years as a gamer. So anyway haha, being such an expensive model that it is, I wanted to make it something pretty unique (not that having a Titan isn't unique enough haha)

At this stage, I just want to gather ideas for conversions, large or small that may be floating around there, it'd be great if you guys know any links to Titans that have been converted.
    I am currently building up a small Grey Knights/Deamonhunters force, again, nothing game legal. Just to have fun with, and so I thought it would be epic to theme the Titan around the Grey Knights also.
    Some of the thoughts I've had, is to add extra weapons(eg- chin mounted assault cannons), armour, just things like that. I've been looking at sites like coolmini, and any other forum posts about titans, but can't seem to find too many that contain what I'm looking for.
    But I would be really interested to hear what you guys think =D

Thanks a lot,
    Dan.

Last edited by Denrik; November 22nd, 2009 at 04:28.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Denrik View Post
    Hey there guys,

As the end of the year is approaching, I'm going to be getting a fairly good bonus from work before holidays start. And so, I thought, seeing as I don't have many bills to take care of, I might treat myself...in the form of a Mars Warhound Titan. The exchange rates are very good at the moment, and figured why not hehe, always wanted a beast model to test myself on.
    I don't really plan to use the Titan as a gaming model, more just something to showcase what I've learned over the years as a gamer. So anyway haha, being such an expensive model that it is, I wanted to make it something pretty unique (not that having a Titan isn't unique enough haha)

At this stage, I just want to gather ideas for conversions, large or small that may be floating around there, it'd be great if you guys know any links to Titans that have been converted.
    I am currently building up a small Grey Knights/Deamonhunters force, again, nothing game legal. Just to have fun with, and so I thought it would be epic to theme the Titan around the Grey Knights also.
    Some of the thoughts I've had, is to add extra weapons(eg- chin mounted assault cannons), armour, just things like that. I've been looking at sites like coolmini, and any other forum posts about titans, but can't seem to find too many that contain what I'm looking for.
    But I would be really interested to hear what you guys think =D

Thanks a lot,
    Dan.

My opinion is to d this in the colours of Legio Ordo Sinister, a Titan Legion that is also part of the string arm of the Inquisition. They have 12 Emperor Titans, but it isn't written anywhere I can find they don't have smaller chassis for other work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that info, I might just do that. I didn't know the Inquisition had a Titan arm to it. Have to look into it.

Dan.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Hmmm, conversion ideas for a titan...?

Well, a fairly ambitious idea would be, seeing as it's a Deamonhunter's Titan, to outfit it with a Psycannon or something. Would a gigantic Nemesis Force Weapon be taking things too far? (Probably, and I suspect it wouldn't work all that well unless there was a psyker built in to it or something...)

You can do a lot with a scenic base, I've seen some fantastic ones out there. A cool pose can work wonders, too, but that's somewhat subjective from person to person.

I vaguely remember someone cutting the eyes from their titan and replacing it with perspex or something? So they ended up looking like lenses, I believe, and means you could make a light-up titan.

Little Tikes Light and Sound Titan? Surely there's room for some manner of noise-making apparatus inside it, and a few flashing leds?

I'd be somewhat scared of converting something so pricey, but that's just me! I'm sure you'll do it justice!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I somewhat agree on the risk of converting something so pricey, especially that of a model where spare parts are almost impossible to get. And seeing as though there hasn't been much interest, I might scrap the idea, or just figure some stuff out on my own. I also thought about the idea of having a psycannon, although, I don't know if my modelling skills would lend well to constructing a whole Titan Psycannon arm hehe. But cheers for the input man, appreciated =]

Dan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

220 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Denrik View Post
    I somewhat agree on the risk of converting something so pricey, especially that of a model where spare parts are almost impossible to get. And seeing as though there hasn't been much interest, I might scrap the idea, or just figure some stuff out on my own. I also thought about the idea of having a psycannon, although, I don't know if my modelling skills would lend well to constructing a whole Titan Psycannon arm hehe. But cheers for the input man, appreciated =]

Dan.
    You could make the Vulcan Mega Bolter a bit more psycannon looking by adding a cowl - say the front end of a radial-enginer fighter like the hellcat or bearcat...
    As for the weaponry - a Scout Titan doesn't normally come with any close combat weapons - its armed mainly with shjort ranged weaponry and its main defence is being small and agile (as far as Titans go!).
    As for conversion/customisation - the use of teh Demonhunters/Inquisition brass etch sheets is good, and perhaps you can even use the foliage brass etch from WH basing kit to make honour wreaths etc on the carapace and other flat sections.
    Finally, maybe use teh Witchunters Throne of Judgement (is this right?) to add a statue of an Inquisitor to teh back? Or a maybe devotional bell made from the screaming bell kit or a small cow-bell? All sorts of grimoires and other books as well would be nice, and would tie in to the theme of the Inquisitionm whilst retaining the sdistinction of being part of a Titan legion. These sorts of nice small conversions should not impact the structure of the titan too much but will really add character...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like your idea of the throne of judgement- statue idea. And everything else you suggested sounds pretty nice. I did have the plan of using various icons etc like you said. And what you suggested is very good.

Thanks,
    Dan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x1)

How about stakes or cages with burning heretics/mutants on the shoulders?
    Or perhaps a psyker hanging in a gibbet from one of the weapon arms?
    You should defenitly find a way to put a big inquisitorial "I" on it at least, I think Forge World sell pretty sweet icons and stuff. If not you can buy land raider or rhino doors with inquisitor icons on them and just cut away the door

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

220 (x8)

Ooh that would be very "Blanchian"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, - the walking judgement of Death. Sounds pretty good, maybe a little too messy for how I like my models, but great idea. I was thinking of how I could get a large good looking 'I'. And yes, Forge World do have some great doors and stuff, I belive its the Rhino top hatch that would be perfect for this, cheers for the idea =]

Dan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast