ROB extension. Can you use it by itself? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROB extension. Can you use it by itself?

So I noticed the ROB extension board and it said at the bottom "You need the realm of battle board to use this extension". Why do you need it? Can you just buy the extension and use that? It would be much more friendly on my wallet, and since I don't have time to make a homemade board this could be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Well, it's just two pieces, giving you a 2'x4' gaming area. Other than that, though, I guess you could use them separately.
    The Angels of Penitance - The project log
    There is only the Emperor. He is our shield and protector.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    337 (x6)

I wonder if it comes with clips?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"It would be much more friendly on my wallet," Isn't that thing like $90.00? I think youd be better off buying a sheet of plywood for 11 bucks, have it cut into 2 3x4 pieces and 1 2x4 piece. then spending your leftover $75 or so on prepainted scenery and a chunk of felt. No offense to you or anyone that owns the ROB board but that thing is waaaay overpriced!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    337 (x6)

Assuming it comes with the clips, you'd need three to make the same size table, but it would be totally flat and £15 more expensive. I flat is no problem GW's battle mat is about 12% of the price of the ROB. You could stick it to a sheet of MDF of lay it on the floor. Even more pocket firendly, like Jakel said, is a sheet of felt, used as a mat or stuck on wood. This is very cheap but does not have the nice flock effect.

+ Reply to Thread