Advice on Giant - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice on Giant

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Advice on Giant

Hi Guys, my missus has recently purchased a Giant to add to her Ork and Goblin army and we've hit upon a bit of a problem.

I've been painting for years (probably way too long!) and she's a dab hand at it, but neither of us has tackled something with so much 'flat,' open skin area. The rest of her army is very well painted and neither of us want her centerpiece model to be a bit rubbish in comparison.

She's wanting a 'natural' tone on the skin over which she'll be doing freehand tatoos.

So, my question to you lot is - what's the best way of going about getting the skin tone to look good on such a large model?

Or are there any linkys to decent guides in the old interweb?

We'll be using GW paints/washes/inks etc

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements

My house, the UK
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

321 (x8)

I know your pain, this model took me an absolute age to paint the skin of (and I still haven't got round to finishing the rest of it). I was quite experimental with it as at the tyime I had a very limited pallatte but found that I could use a lot of blending, particularly wet blending, to get a smooth finish on him. It is pretty much all about using the same old cliché of lots of watered down layers going on smoothly. One thing I did find helpful with this though was to use a lot of Tallarn Flesh in my mixes so despite the thin-ness of the layers going on there was still a good opacity to them which help prevent pooling effects. Washes won't really work properly on him as the skin is too flat and featureless.
    Last edited by ArtificiallyEnhanced; November 30th, 2009 at 10:38. Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

+ Reply to Thread