My "Counts As" Chapter Master - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My "Counts As" Chapter Master

I've always love the play style that Vulkan He'stan conveys onto his army, twin linking the flamers and meltas, and turning thunder hammers into master crafted. The only problem is that I wanted my own unique chapter with their own unique fluff, rather than being just another Salamanders army.

So I did some minor conversions, and have equivalent weapons and equipment to all of Vulkan's goodies. I'm not 100% sure it'll be tournament legal since mine is wearing terminator armor rather than Artificer armor, (the differences are being written into my fluff, such as not being able to teleported into battle, and transport capacity and such).

I'm not the best painter, or the best converter out there, but I tried to be somewhat unique, and thats what counts.

Anyway, the reason you're looking at this thread, pics!

CnC is always welcome, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

That is a very nice conversion, but your right - it's not tournament legal. Termie armor grants an invul save, teleports into battle, and uses a 40mm base. Artificer Armor is just a spiffier suit of Power Armor. Other than the base size issue though, the conversion does portray all the imporant parts of his equipment. I wouldn't see any reasonable opponent having an issue with it. (Although they may still want him to take up 2 spaces in a transport)
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I didn't thinkhe'd be touney legal, but if I ever do go to one, I'll just bring the GW Vulkan I guess. I just wanted some flavour to my army, and he definately adds some. Next step is to get a banner made up for him. I was about to put the banner from the captain in AoBR on him, but I decided that would go against my uniqueness that I seek.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    692 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stradius View Post
    Other than the base size issue though...
    Have they changed the base size rules? Because I believe that you can still put any mini onto a larger base if you would like- so long as the new base isn't smaller than the one the mini came with originally, you're in the clear.

I've known a lot of people put their characters on 40mm bases to make them stand out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post
    Have they changed the base size rules? Because I believe that you can still put any mini onto a larger base if you would like- so long as the new base isn't smaller than the one the mini came with originally, you're in the clear.

I've known a lot of people put their characters on 40mm bases to make them stand out.
    Using bigger bases can cause some troubles with the True-LOS rules so that is the reason the rulebook tells you to use the bases that the model came with.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, my main concern was the termi armor as far as wysiwyg goes. In the rulebook it states that you can use a different base as long as your opponent is okay with it. The only issues that arise are the transport capacity and deep striking if you are strict with wysiwyg. In friendly games its easy enough to say "I wont do either" but with tournaments its not so easy to say that.

+ Reply to Thread