Mobile Bastions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mobile Bastions

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Mobile Bastions

I want to make my bastions in pLanetstrike mobile. They are standard Imperium bastions and I was wondering on the best method to allow them to move. I've thought possibly bike wheels or tank tracks, but i'm not sure or anymore specific than that.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

You could try hover-bastions. Put a "skirt" around the bottom and some jets/fans on the sides for propulsion. You could use the "drop bastion" strategem with these too.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Sancraer View Post
    I want to make my bastions in pLanetstrike mobile. They are standard Imperium bastions and I was wondering on the best method to allow them to move. I've thought possibly bike wheels or tank tracks, but i'm not sure or anymore specific than that.
    Tracks, metal wheels, huge inflatable wheels, walking legs, walking feet like those huge mining cranes, hover skirts, ramjets or ball bearings. Pick one you like!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

I like the tracks/wheels and the hover skirts ideas. Some questions.
    Which wheels would be the most suitable and how many (I'm assuming the same number on opposite sides and not wheels on all 4 sides)?
    What material would you use for the skirts?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Sancraer View Post
    I like the tracks/wheels and the hover skirts ideas. Some questions.
    Which wheels would be the most suitable and how many (I'm assuming the same number on opposite sides and not wheels on all 4 sides)?
    What material would you use for the skirts?
    Thanks
    Well, suitable depends on your tastes, really. Personally, i would use big ass inflatable wheels. They would give the best performance: very light and best all terrain capabilities. Enemy fire could (would) pop them, but this is the 40th century, they are sure to have invented something that's highly resistant.

You could make it 4 wheeled: 2 on each side. Or perhaps 1 wheel left and 1 right and 1 in front for steering, like a giant triwheeler.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Defiler legs and claws. Lots of them, like 4 pairs. That's scary. It's the only thing that looks strong enough to carry it besides a baneblade chassi.

You can put defiler claws instead of the lascannon or heavy bolter ports on the bastion.
    A CC-bastion!
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

+ Reply to Thread