Skink colour scheme, feedback wanted - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skink colour scheme, feedback wanted

hi guys ive got a pic of a recenet skink ive done, it was done very quick because its only a test model and is not completed yet. but ive done it in two coours ice blue and enchanted s a basecoat tell me what u think and if you like it with two tones, the two tones were originally there to compare them but i thought it looked pretty good.

ps. im a noob painter

p.p.s. I Originally posted this thread in the lizardmen forum but i thought it would get more feedback here

Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Unfortunately it is very difficult to see any details on the mini. A number of things you should do:

* Use a neutral background such as white paper. It allows the colours to show better
    * Use the macro function on the camera. It allows you to take close up pictures without blur
    * Crop the background. It takes the focus away from the mini if there is too much background.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

That enchanted blue looks like scab red. I think that all the bluer colour will make them look cool, in the sense of cold. I think that your painting is fairly clean looking and not messy which is good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

I dunno, red with white dotted skinks? Won't that make them a little mushroomy? Ow, you mean the model on the patterned cloth?

I kinda like what i can see, but it's real small.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi

mmmm sorry about the picture i will take a better one soon. i have pretty much decided on ice blue with liche purple scales but i am considering using the enchanted blue / liche purple combo for another model, saurus maybe? anyway i will post pictures up soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

definitely take another picture on a white background

+ Reply to Thread