Transport pods concept - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x3)

Transport pods concept

Hi folks, I just couldnt wait to share this with you guys, I'm brainstorming some concepts for bug pods and this is what I have done so far... the idea is to have a multipart kit that allows to assemble the pod closed or semiopened.

And this is what I have came up so far... mind its only a sketch and I'm 100% opened to debate concepts/ideas/solutions...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x2)

Seeing that your initial sketches for your Phantom Titan conversion were exactly what you produced.. this would look feking awesome..

I love the idea of these bug style droppods.. sort of fits in with the Hive fleet infesting a planet

However, the first thing that sprung to mind when I saw this was the Alien Plant from Little Shop of Horrors... FEEED ME SEEEAAMORE!!!

It would be harder to sculpt (not like that is an issue for you) but you could go with a similar design but with 4 sides.. sort opening the way a seed pod often does..

just a thought.. I'm sure whatever you decide on will be genius
    Current Army Status - Chaos - 15000 points, Orks (BadMoonz) - 3000 Points - Space Wolves - 4000 Points, Necrons - 2000 Points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

The zerg in starcraft spawned from pods that were much like eggs. I wouldn't be farfetched to think that they would orbitally drop their egg pods as part of their hive fleet invasion

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

are a fellow artist i feel i can post some constructive critism! . at the moment even with a roughly sketch ( i know you ahve cleaned it up abit ), but would it hurt with some shading? it's hard to know where your light source is coming from and the pod looks like a turnip with worms from the bottom more than anything else. ( ok too harsh, but i couldn't think of other words ).
    Have you thought of sharpening the pod when it impacts the ground? ( where you worms are currently at ). then have the flesh which can stay the same with it's hole etc more towards the back of the pod? because the flesh would burn in the atmosphere so it makes sense to have hard chitin plating at the wfront of the pod. i would also suggest many layers of chitin like a flower blossoming exnteding from the front of the pod, like the ones that you have started on the bottom left of the pod.

For the rear end of the pod, you could ahve some tenticles to act as flaps to increase friction to slow the thing down, having many hooks on it and armorued plating wouldn't hurt either. These claws and tenticles could be used to ensnarl the prey who get too close when the pod lands!

Also for the pod to open the layers of the shell could reveal line upon line of nidz.

hope my suggestions and comments and critism help!

I guess you use photoshop and finally you have used different pencils! ....i think lol.

also what's happening with the nidz head project?

thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Tyr
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking good, though, tbh, everything looks good in comparison to GWs sketch/artwork... I mean, a carnifex with tentacles instead of a lower body??? Please!
    Though I have to agree with antique_nova on at least one thing: The tentacles on the bottom would burn on entry. Maybe make it look like an upsidedown, heavily armored sporemine (in huge)?Some huge chitinous shields/plates on the bottom, and a crater where it landed.... Just my 2 cents, though.
    "Better to crush an ant with a boulder, than flick lazily at it, possibly miss, and then have it bite you in the ass." The Awakened One

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I plan to just use a cabbage, wash it with devlan mud and spray it with dullcote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool picture. You'll have to post a picture of it when you finish. Because i don't have such skill i;m going to wait till gamesworkshop releases theirs
    WH 40k Armies (W/L/D):
    Tyranid: 2250 Points of Awesome (5/4/1)
    Necrons: 1000 Points (4/0/1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

I been looking for ideas for making some and so far looking at using these as a basis and green stuffing to add some tyranidness to it. Not meaning to hi-jack or anything but they sure seem to fit the same shape you are going for too.

My upcoming blog in the works:
    http://plasticrackminis.blogspot.com/

LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

May I show you my idea? Hell, I'm gunna do it anyway.

I realy like your sketch and is far better than mine, but I've always thought It would be cool to have a living, breathing, walking transport. So... This is my Tyranid Drop Beast! aka- sydnius oparus domus decendo

If you make this it would be AWESOME!
    Cheers
    -DDW
    Last edited by Dead Dude Walking; December 21st, 2009 at 04:59.
    <----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

not wanting to blow your bubble, but the creature would be dead on impact and with that ramp it looks more mechanic than anything else, because it's sensors and viens would cook inside it's armour when it enters orbit etc.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast