Iron warsmith conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iron warsmith conversion

i have recently started collectiong 40k (last saturday in fact) i am collecting chaos space marine iron warriors, hwen i bought my warsmith
    (my 1st model) i replaced his combi melta for a plasma pistol. Did i do the right thing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well,
    generally.........yes
    for the points costs of each weapn (they're exactly the same)

the combi melta will only give you one melta shot and the rest would just be bolters,

while the plasma pistol give you an unlimited amount of plasma bolts, though you could over heat, you gain an extra attack from the pistol.

though the bolter has a greater range, (being iron warriors, you'lll indefently be going for a shooty army. If not? Go buy some world eatters :!: )

but,
    your warsmith should probably be one of the elements of your army designed to keep enemy assualts at bay, hence the extra attack would be worth it, and he wont usally remain stationary to fire your bolter at full range. (you should just head toward where the enemy is attacking)

another excelent,
    assualt stopper is a Dreadnought with a lasscannon.
    so whilst you advance to where the enemies attacking you can still blow aways vehicles and such (well, you can swith the weapon for what ever prefrnce you might have)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanx for your help i wasa bit worried in case i was wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

My Warsmith has terminator armour, a twin bolter and a power weapon. I find this pretty useful as he has a retinue of Chosen Terminators as well :twisted: . The plasma pistol is pretty good as it gives you about equal stopping power against infantry but you can use it every turn, and the extra attack doesn't hurt (well, it doesn't hurt you that is :lol: ). The combimelta might be a bit more in theme with the heavily armed style, but hey even though it's a shooty army you should still have some hardhitting assault units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yyeeeaah baby

Closed Thread