First ever - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First ever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First ever

Hey all hope your having a good holiday! I just got my paint set today and i dove right in, just from guides and reading online this is what i produced. It's messy i know and this yellow is tough to deal with! I know i just need to keep practicing but from what i have here (don't be too harsh) any advice or where to go from here? I'm planning to go to my local GW shop to learn how to paint better soon but i couldn't resist. Thanks for the C&C!

P.S. sorry there so dark i just realized, i need to get a lot more lights this house is so freaking dark! Maybe tomorrow during the day i can get better pictures for you guys

Yfrog - p1000402w
    Yfrog - p1000404s
    Yfrog - p1000403h

Last edited by shabang22; December 26th, 2009 at 02:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x3)

Wash the whole thing in GW's devlin mud... you will not be disappointed!
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

For this being your first, I have to say well done.

My only criticism would be the lighting for the photos. The soft yellow light with the paper towel.. Doesn't work.

Your camera on the other hand takes very crisp pictures. Always a plus. Remember that a bad picture can make the best miniatrue look like manure. So you are already ahead of the game in that regard.

Keep up the work, and soon your minis will be looking stellar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha thanks everyone! Torden i've been layering the mud wash in between every layer but maybe i'll try even one more haha.

Marxus thanks a bunch! I was a little worried about my overall cleanliness of the model, my hands are super shaky and trying to paint details is pretty hard with shaky hands! But overal im pretty happy with it other then the yellow, if i can get better pictures today you might be able to see that the yellow got pretty mixed with the other colors on the miniature. Does anyone know how to keep from the green and brown and whatever other colors there are from mixing into the yellow? Or is it just being careful?

Thanks again and sorry about the paper towel/crappy lighting i was excited to get the picture online and just had some paper towels and a lamp around from painting haha

Egg Head Miniatures:fbook And Justice For All's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    963 (x8)

Looks a good first paint job. Spot on.

As has been said the lighting needs sorting. A few tips.......

1. Daylight bulbs make a world of difference. They emit blue light instead of yellow light like all other home lighting. Blue light is the closest we can get to actual real light.
    2. Good exposure can be forced from any compact camera if you use a meter card. These cost a bit but can be made from Daler's mount board Grey Green (available in good art shops).
    3. If you only have one light then use a largish piece of white card or, even better, cooking foil stretched over card to let you bounce light back onto the subject of your shot.

Hope this helps and good luck with your future efforts.

+ Reply to Thread