Beaks? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beaks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beaks?

I am very new to the modeling community so I am just getting a hang of all the cool stuff you can do with modeling clay, now I am trying to make a raven guard army and since they are an older chapter with older armor I wanted to make my own beakys, does anyone know a good way to do this or a tutorial on how because I have tried with out any effect at all.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Hmm... I don't really know of any tutorials or anything, but just giving it a bit of thought now...

I'm wondering whether a bit of wire would be a good place to start. Drill through the respirator grille on the marine helmet, glue a short length of wire in there for some additional support, and then use your modelling clay over that...

Have you any experience with Green Stuff or milliput (I think that's what it's called)? It's far more common to see that used in conversions rather than clay, but if you've worked with it already than why not stick to what you're good at!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's an article over on DakkaDakka that explains how to do it... basically you need to be able to work with GreenStuff with some modicum of ability but other than that, here ya go: DakkaDakka - Warhammer 40K Forums - Standard Marine Heads to Mk6 "Beaky" Heads NOTE: i did not write this article, just found it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey thanks a ton, and by the way I have just used modeling clay for more of the repair and filling end of modeling, made some cool looking action models though. Throwing grenades and whatnot lol

+ Reply to Thread