Paint beading - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paint beading

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paint beading

So the last couple of times I've used my citadel spray gun I've had issues with the paint beading. I used the spray gun before a couple of times and didn't have this problem. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I have 2 ideas but I'm not sure if this is the issue.
    1. I haven't let the primer dry long enough before spraying the minis
    2. I'm thinning the paints too much (I don't think this is the case as I haven't been too far off the indications on the glass jar that comes with the spray gun)

If anyone has come across this or a similar problem and could help me out I would be really thankful!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

This only ever happens to me when either the paints to thin, as youve said. Or if the models greasy. That usualy happen is your playing with primed models and like me snack when playing. Crisp/chip grease or even good old hand sweat all makes paint less likly to stick. I always clean them with warm soapy water before painting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I didn't touch the models at all between priming them and painting them, so I'm guessing the paint is too thin.
    Thanks for the input and I'll give it a go with a thicker mixture and see if that helps!

+ Reply to Thread