Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
This is another mini that I tried painting using a limited pallet. Ultimately, I don't think this was as big a success as Calandra, but I still think she worked out alright.
Ultimately, I did not mix the colors for Morvahna together enough to give her a unified appearance, so I didn't get a lot of the advantages that I would normally get from painting with a limited pallet.
However, I do think she turned out well.
Commentary of any kind is welcome.
The face and what I can see of the cloak is great.
Have you finished the sword? It looks very flat with only a fine highlight on the ridge near the bottom.
But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
What I think makes this not quite as nice as your other limited pallet-model is that the white cloak is to 'clean', to white. It needs more brown shades to tie it in with the overall brown/warm feel of the model.
It's not bad though. I agree with Solo that the sword could use some more work. Just not quite as cool as your other work.
This is probably my least favorite of the three limited palate models I've seen from you. The sword, base, and skirt are all so similar in shades and that, combined with the huge white cape, makes her look a bit bland.
Colors choice aside, the painting is top notch. The face especially looks great.
I think that the thing that makes her less interesting than the other limited pallet minis that I've painted was that I chose to paint her in largely a grey-scale with flesh tones. Since the reds did not work their way into every color on the mini, she ended up losing the tied together feeling that the other limited pallet minis that I've done had. Her cloak and skin do not share any of the same colors, so there's pretty much nothing tying those two main areas together.
In addition to that, the sword could definitely use a little more contrast.
Well, I think I can see what went wrong. And, that's what experimenting is for.