Razorback interior, any ideas? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Razorback interior, any ideas?

I am building a Razorback and I've read that they, in this little tank, swapped some troopcarrying-capacity for the guns... but how does that look? On the inside I mean....
    To me the Razorback looks pretty much like a standard Rhino within, and I would like to make the guns a bit more visiable.

So, please informants of the InterNet, help me if you can

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Hmm. I'm not sure how much real-world stuff applies to the 40K universe, but here goes...

I used to work for a company that was upgrading Armoured Personnel Carriers, and one of the variants we were working on was equipped with a turret. Inside the vehicle, there's a 'basket' underneath the turret where the gun operator sits.

I was planning on doing something like this with an immolator, and thus my dodgy sketches may be of more use to you than my attempts at explaining it...

So, maybe you can fit a basket there, even if it's just to hold the ammo and the servitor aiming the guns. Or do Razorbacks have marine-crewed weapons? It might be a bit ambitious to fit a marine in a turret basket...

(EDIT: You probably won't need the fuel tank - as I said, the sketch was for an immolator armed with flamers which would need the fuel. I suspect ammo for guns would be carried closer to the weapons itself...)
    Last edited by Deadstar_MRC; January 7th, 2010 at 21:17.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Power cables and ammunition would probably take up the bulk of the space, I'd think. Lascannons tend to have large power cables and I would imagine batteries would be stored inside the vehicle for prolonged use of lascannons, plasma guns, etc. whereas 'bullet belts' would be kept for heavy bolters, autocannons, etc. (if a Razorback can even take an autocannon!). Doing something like that could do the trick!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I can imagine the servitor mounted in there, aiming the weapon. servitor, marine, what ever you want. They need something to target the Lascannon, and putting a marine on top of the rhino, I don't think they would do that.

So I can imagine a servitor build in the razorback, with batteries and power cables all around him.
    The best thing about chaos, is your opponent's face when he looks at your disgusting Plague marines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

I would go Deadstar's route.

I would start with a Damoclese vehicle from FW. It comes with marines in the seated position, WITH SEATS. Mount one of those seats on a platform made of power cells and plasticard. Apply liberal amounts of guitar string power cables, and finish it off with some cut up parts from the interior of the Damoclese and plasticard bench seats in the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Almost exactly as deadstar pointed out. A tube the diameter of the gun hatch going straight down from the gun to the floor for the person operating it to be stationed in and other parts containing the ammo.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Thanks for the ideas guys. I'll check that Damoclese out asap.
    I've already made a concept sketch though, based on the idea deadstar came with. I am pretty sure on how to do it, and I'll post some pics in my Space Wolves thread once I have something to show.

Cheers guys you are the best

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

746 (x8)

Oh, and the sketch -I know size is a bit off, but it's only a concept

servitor.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

That looks decent and I think that can be used as what you need to be. I think you should remember the Servitor does not fire the thing. So he'll just be there to act like a computer or load ammo. Marines are very supersitious so you could include lots of blessings, scrolls, purity seals etc to keep the spirits of the weapons happy. Such stuff may also help to use up space if you need it to.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

That's a pretty decent concept sketch, Andusciassus, although I think Leech has some very good suggestions on how it can be improved should you want to!

Does the servitor has to be bearded, though?
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast