40k Eldar Turrets - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x4)

40k Eldar Turrets

I own:
    -1 Falcon (built, painted, Falcon turret needs re-gluing)
    -1 Wave Serpent (half assembled, not yet painted)
    -2 Fire Prisms (NIB )
    -1 Wraithlord (NIB )
    -other stuff that isn't relevant, like infantry

I want to be able to field four Wave Serpents, but still be able to switch back to my Fire Prisms (and maybe when the Eldar get a new codex that Falcon). I believe that my best bet is to magnetize the turret-mount and swap stuff in and out.

That leaves only one problem. I'm short three Wave Serpent turrets. I (probably) have enough spare weapons between my Wraithlord, Wave Serpent, and 2 Fire Prisms to be able to fit on/proxy all of the weapons that I need to, but that isn't all that I need.

What do you guys think that I should do?

Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

Have a look on some sites that sell bits. They might have what you need. Try sites like 'Bitzbox', and 'Bits and Kits'. They are generally resonably priced, and you can get pretty mch anything when it's in stock.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

Thanks for the advice. I had kept such ideas on the back burner in the hopes that someone else had asked such questions before me, and an innovative solution had been found.

For example, I was thinking something along the lines of buying a piece of appropriately-sized plastic tube, some greenstuff, some magnets, and making a much smaller turret (it would look like a cone with the magnet on the bottom and the tube running though one weapon, the cone, and the second weapon), for example.
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

I think in the long run buying the extra bits and magnetizing them would be more satisfying than trying to create your own... something with not getting the details the way you want, and being stuck wasting the money you just spent on the parts to make it.. Factor in the time you spent making it.. Time = money, you will have spent more in the long run..

Unless you are an excellent sculptor and fabricator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by MarxusTharin View Post
    I think in the long run buying the extra bits and magnetizing them would be more satisfying than trying to create your own... something with not getting the details the way you want, and being stuck wasting the money you just spent on the parts to make it.. Factor in the time you spent making it.. Time = money, you will have spent more in the long run..

Unless you are an excellent sculptor and fabricator.
    That's true... and however good at sculpting and fabricating I am, I am a complete amateur at it. So I'll probably just buy the parts (and until then just put one of the gun on top of the chassis and call it a day...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

I remember seeing some tutorials on making wave serpent turrets out of plastic spoons back from before the model for them came out, you could try looking for that.

good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by sultansean View Post
    i remember seeing some tutorials on making wave serpent turrets out of plastic spoons back from before the model for them came out, you could try looking for that.

Good luck
    o.o

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

PLastic spoons!? That sounds a little...interesting. Anyway, I just checked some prices, and for a wave serpent turret you'd be looking at around £5 for one.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

+ Reply to Thread