Chaos Dwarf Abyssal Terror - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Chaos Dwarf Abyssal Terror

I've been toying with the idea of building a Chaos Dwarf-made Abyssal Terror for my Vampire Lord. The idea behind it is that, while travelling in the Chaos Wastes searching for a dragon to reanimate, he came across a band of Chaos Dwarves who, through some diabolical means, he commisioned to build him a portable throne/dark altar/daemon engine to ride around on. Now, since there's alot of room to play around within the confines of an "Abyssal Terror", why not have a giant clanking semi-organic monstrosity adorned with chaos symbols and baroque ornaments?

My idea is this; Using the parts of several IG Sentinals (Or possibly WH Penitent Engines, haven't decided yet), a Dark Elves Cauldron of Blood, a WH Exorcist, possibly some Imperial Steam Tank parts and a tonne of greenstuff, I intend to create said clanking monstrosity.

Basically, I want to have a two-tier platform atop four steampunk-looking legs, with the vampire lord on the rear platform standing infront of the organ pipes and behind the cauldron of blood. On the front, lower tier I'll have the keyboard/control panel from the exorcist with a banshee 'pilot' behind it. Either sheet metal side panels or greenstuff banners hanging down the sides to partially obscure the legs, and greenstuff biomass (sinew, tendons, etc) on the upper legs for that semi-organic feel.

Yes, I'm aware that this one model will cost well over $250, but as far as I'm concerned if I plan it out and do it right (and can etch out a half-decent paint job) it'll be Golden Daemon material for sure. What do you guys think? Good idea or foolhardy endeavour?

"I like your style. You make up your own rules, just like me. Bean counters said I couldn't fire a man just for being in a wheelchair. Did it anyway. Ramps are expensive." - Cave Johnson, Portal 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Well at just over $300 I have all the models I need to build this monster. The kits I'll be butchering are;

2 Imperial Guard Sentinals
    1 Witch Hunter Exorcist
    1 Dark Elf Cauldron of Blood
    1 Chaos Hellcannon

As well as one Konrad von Carstein as my Vampire Lord, one Banshee driving the abomination, two Hellcannon crew members standing by the feet, a veritable plethora of greenstuff and two movement trays being fused for a base.

Now all I have to do is to find the time to build the damn thing....Pics will follow at some point.
    "I like your style. You make up your own rules, just like me. Bean counters said I couldn't fire a man just for being in a wheelchair. Did it anyway. Ramps are expensive." - Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gaah for that much i could buy 3 baneblades

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

After much procrastination and several days labor, I've finally (sort of) finished building. I still need to clean up some parts, but overall I'm happy with how it turned out. Appologies for the crappy image quality, camera is getting repaired so I had to use my phone. Better quality pics will follow when I get my camera back.

LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

WOW! This looks really interesting. I'd love to see it painted!

Untill then, rep!

Cheers!
    DDW
    <----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

indeed worthy of a rep!
    that thing is insane!
    My WoC assembly/paint log! check it out. UPDATED 03-11-'11!
    Check out my guide on how to make Treekin.
    Please feel free to correct my spelling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Looks awesome. Needs paint!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

That's cool. I think the way you've merged all those different parts together. I think you could add some more dead bits maybe. Perhaps from a Corpse cart, it will help to show it is a dead, undead thing. Reppy for your work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Thanks for the rep guys, and thanks for the suggestion Leech! I shall endeavor to find somewhere to put some Corpse Cart parts without making it look cluttered, maybe I can fit a necromancer on there somewhere too. If worse comes to worse, I was toying with the idea of having the base littered with muddy, bloody corpses as if the contraption was stomping it's way through a chaotic battlefield.

The camera comes back from the shop in a day or too - high quality piccies to come!

And yes, I will paint it at some point. Hopefully soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Taa-daa, high quality pics!

Don't forget to vote for me in the modelling contest! *shameless plug*

+ Reply to Thread