Modeling Cadians to have great coats - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Modeling Cadians to have great coats

Hi, Currently planning out an imperial guard ww2 themed eastern european army; polish/russian.

I was wondering if any of you guys think it would be possible to use green stuff or plastic card to lengthen the shirts into coats, kind of like the cadian officers have.

Also wanted to use ww2 style anti-tank rifles as meltas; any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

was thinking of modeling my chimera to look like a t-34 also.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

I'm actually doing more or less this right now. I have found that simply trying to extend the "skirt" looks fairly horrible, however, trimming off the skirt and making a whole new, longer greenstuff one tends to look pretty good. Takes some practice to get it looking right but after a box or two you get the hand of it. I should really get some pictures of them up.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morkai View Post
    I'm actually doing more or less this right now. I have found that simply trying to extend the "skirt" looks fairly horrible, however, trimming off the skirt and making a whole new, longer greenstuff one tends to look pretty good. Takes some practice to get it looking right but after a box or two you get the hand of it. I should really get some pictures of them up.
    Ahh, never thought of removing the whole thing, would love to see some pics; and greetings from toronto, we won't talk about hockey but Quebec is beautiful

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

Agreed. I have also tried this, and you will need to trim off the skirt before adding greenstuff. It isn't frightfully hard, but, as Morkai said, it does require a little practice.

On the subject of the tank, you could try a mix-mash of chimera and Leman Russ parts to get the effect that you want. I recently did this to build an armoured car and it worked really well.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChadMS View Post
    Agreed. I have also tried this, and you will need to trim off the skirt before adding greenstuff. It isn't frightfully hard, but, as Morkai said, it does require a little practice.

On the subject of the tank, you could try a mix-mash of chimera and Leman Russ parts to get the effect that you want. I recently did this to build an armoured car and it worked really well.
    Thinking of just adding some green stuff to the turret to make it more rounded (t-34 style)

And using the vanquisher turret from forge world for a thinner more ww2esq turret.

Thanks for all the helpful input in my threads BTW, it is appreciated.

The modeling aspect of warhammer is one I like, so i won't mind getting some practice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by generalaz View Post
    Ahh, never thought of removing the whole thing, would love to see some pics; and greetings from toronto, we won't talk about hockey but Quebec is beautiful
    Yeah, my cameras batteries died and haven't bothered to get new ones yet. It's really not that hard to cut the skirts off, it's getting the greenstuff to look right that takes a few tries. I really need to get back and finish that guard army...
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

To be honest. I would just use Imperial Guard Steel Legion. They look really sweet, but they are a little pricey.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

They are nice models, but the problem with them is that there are about 10 models is the range. You'd have a lot of work on your hands if you wanted them to have meltaguns, medi-packs, flamers, autocannons etc... Plus metal is the bane of conversions. It's more rewarding, less expensive and a lot more convenient to do your own conversions. And anyway, I don't think Generalaz wanted gasmasks on his men.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

You have a valid point.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer397 View Post
    To be honest. I would just use Imperial Guard Steel Legion. They look really sweet, but they are a little pricey.
    Not really financially feasible, otherwise i'd just get the valhallans.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast