Praetorian Straken conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    692 (x8)

Praetorian Straken conversion

I thought I'd post up here something I did for a commission just a little while ago. They're both conversion of Praetorian guardsmen. The first one became Iron Hands Straken, and the second simply had an overcoat sculpted onto him so that he could be a lieutenant.

I hadn't thought of it at the time, but I guess among the Praetorians, a trenchcoat is a symbol of rank.

Anyway, here they are.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

Those are some sweet conversions. Out of pure curiosity, where did you get Straken's arm from? My only criticisms are that the plasma pistols look a little bulky, and unwieldy. Check out the ones that Forgeworld does, they are a more manageable size.

Nice work, keep going!
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    692 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ChadMS View Post
    Those are some sweet conversions. Out of pure curiosity, where did you get Straken's arm from? My only criticisms are that the plasma pistols look a little bulky, and unwieldy. Check out the ones that Forgeworld does, they are a more manageable size.

Nice work, keep going!

Straken's lower arm (elbow down) was taken from a space marine scout. The rest of the arm- the wiring and the shoulder- are made from greenstuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

I really like the first version of him, I might have to try an emulate that, really lovely concept on the model and excellent execution.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

692 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ColGravis View Post
    I really like the first version of him, I might have to try an emulate that, really lovely concept on the model and excellent execution.
    Oh, the second one isn't Straken. He's just a lieutenant conversion (I sculpted the jacket). I did them at the same time, so I figured I'd post them together, sorry if that was confusing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

Ah opps, no thats my mistake, on re-reading it's bloody obvious really what you meant lol

+ Reply to Thread