vampire count zombies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

vampire count zombies

i have recently purchased the VC battalion

i am struggling to getting decayed feel to my zombies and was wondering if anybody knows any tips, techniques colour schemes

to get effective look to decaying flesh

2. Remove Advertisements

Northern Ireland
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I've done loads of zombies. Here is how I did mine.

1 Paint the skin of the zombies with some kind of skin/flesh colour. Use several different shades of flesh in the zombies so that they will vary, this will help to make them look like they are in different stages of decomposition, pale ones, grimy darker ones etc. You can try to mix in a little bit of purple with the flesh tones here and there, the purple will come out as decay when the zombie is all done.

2 Drybrush the flesh with bleached bone, don't go too heavy. Then give them all a light drybrush with white.

3 After this apply a brown ink wash over them. The effect of the drybrushing with the ink will make them look unhealthy with patchy, blotchy skin.

In step two you can try after you drybrush the skin with bleached bone but before the white goes on to paint the clothes. Paint them whatever colour you want. I find that greys and browns work best, it makes them look less colourful and bright and more decayed and drab like zombies should be. You can try to drybrush another lighter colour on the clothes if you want. The next thing is to drybrush on the white like in stage two but go over the clothes as well. Then you apply the brown in all over both the flesh and the clothes. You will find this gets them painted much quicker.

+ Reply to Thread