The Primarch Project - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

The Primarch Project

eresy, betrayal, war. Superhuman beings, the genetic sons of the Emperor, who eclipse even the Astartes in their awesomeness. Primarchs!

I've wanted to build some primarchs for a while now, and only recently have I felt that my conversion skills were good enough to do it. I started small (literally) with Alpharius, and once I'd started, it's been hard to stop. I now have 3 more or less completed Primarchs, another 4 which are WIP, and plans for another 3.

Enough rambling, now for pictures:

Alpharius:

Leman Russ:

The head is only temproary. I'm going to replace it with a different one and add more GS hair

Sanguinus:

I've based my Sanguinius on this peice of artwork:

The model:

WIP Lion'el Johnson:

As I said, he's very much WIP. I'm desperatley after the helmet wings from the High Elf Prince for his helmet. I'm also working on Gulliman, Ferrus Mannus and Angron. I'm also planning on making Rogal Dorn, Vulkan and Night Haunter.

I also really want to make Horus, but I have no idea how to true scale a Terminator

Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

very nice, but the torsos of the primarsh except russ seem abit small, not signficantly however. You might want to do some green stuff on them to bulk them up and leman russ's sword doesn't seem right. Iverall they look nice. hope my C&C helps!
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x3)

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to use a combination of green stuff and plasticard to fill out the mid-riff. I'm currently waiting for my bits to make Jahagiti Khan.
    Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theres something about sanguiniuss that doesnt look right. i think its the wings, i think to look better, they either need to make it look like he in flight, or be vertical, like in hat pic you posted.
    Hive Fleet Centycore W:1 D:0 L:0

Master of the Universe BIGphil22X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Disagree with John, I think Sanguinis looks awesome.

Only small discrepancy is that I know in the fluff it states that a normal marine is about 7-9 feet tall, whereas the primarch were huge, something like 9-12 feet tall.
    "Sanguine, my brother."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember that leman russ is supposed to be the smallest primarch. he is a giant to men but a midget to other primarchs.

No King Rules Forever Dawnrunner's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

Was that so? I always thought that it was Alpharius who was the smallest.

The shield on Sanguinius's chest should be switched over to the other side...I assume it's meant to protect the primary heart, which would be on the left. Whoever made that artwork did a very nice job but forgot that little detail.
    Aside from that, great conversions! Proof that you don't need godlike greenstuff skillz to make great models. Rep!
    The Emperor set a fire in their hearts that they might burn the iniquitous and the impure from his sight. And the light of that flame shall be as a beacon to the faithful, a light that shines in the darkest places.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

I love it, and i really like Leman Russ's sword.

If you don't mind i'd like to try and copy that, and do my own Lionel el johnson (robed)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Very nice work so far. As some others have said, I imagine the Primarchs being bigger, though I can see you've done that with a few of them already so you're on the right track!

I'll be interested to see how you work on the others - good luck with the rest of the conversions!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

I understand that you seem to be working primarily with space wolf/marine bits, but there is a snake/dragon backpack out there that I think would work far better for Alpharius.

Otherwise I think they look fantastic, can't wait to see more!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast