what do u think of my hand painting - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x1)

what do u think of my hand painting

hey people that is some hand painting i did on the weekend and i just thort id show it to u
    this is the second time iv done hand painted logos and i think it came out really well
    so this is my blood angels death company rhino

P1010051 (2).jpg P1010054.jpg

so wht do u think

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Far be it for one such as me who cannot even approach that level of freehand talent to criticize, but i think that without the X on the front, it would be one of the more beautiful APCs I've ever seen (title of most beautiful goes to the "Pagoda of Death" Chimera, although I am unsure who painted that now...). With it, however, it just plain looks off. It might just be the fact that the X is not quite centered or something, but I think if you just went with a plain black front it would look better overall.
    "All I know is a door into the dark" -- The Forge, Seamus Heaney

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x1)

yes i kinda messed up the X on the front and ill probs do it again and add some more free hand stuff but to be honest the X was harder to get lookin good then the stuff on the top so any suggestions on a good way to do it form anyone out there would be much appreciated thanks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

What's with all the crazy talented young Australian painters on Librarium Online at the moment? Where are you all getting your mojo from? I must have been born too early or something...

The tank looks fantastic, the freehand on the top is very well done. I like the shading for the X on the front.

My mother has just walked behind me, though, seen the pictures and says she doesn't like the X. She thinks that the top looks good, but the front just looks as though "they couldn't think of anything better to put there" or words to that effect. I just thought I'd through her thoughts in, as to be honest it does seem a little plain. Well painted, but just not

Regarding the straight lines - I think the best way to do it is to use masking tape of some kind. I've always thought it would damage the paint but I guess it depends what type of tape you use. And I think this is generally used more in airbrushing, although I'm sure it's applicable when using a brush.

An alternative may be drawing light guidelines on before you begin painting, using a ruler or something to make sure they're straight before you start. You'd still need a steady hand, though, so I'm not sure it would help much.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

Yes, well us Aussies teens have been overshooting you oldies lately (Joking! God...). Anyways, the freehand on the top is amazing! Although, the skull could be a little more in-proportion, and the feathers are bothering me a bit, but other than that, I must say that your brush controll is superb! Next time you do someting like this, I'd plan it out a bit more, because it looks to me a bit rushed. Did you do any rough sketches before you painted it?

The 'x' could be better though.

I rep you good sir!
    Cheers
    -DDW

EDIT: Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
    <----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

Egg Head Miniatures:fbook And Justice For All's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    963 (x8)

Looks great. Superb freehand. Kudos to you.

I think the only extra observation I'd add is to reference the objects you are painting. The skull looks 'cartoony'. If you had looked at images of a real one or one stylised really well and copied it, the skull would have been awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Yeah I don't like the X, but the rest is awesome, the X is not bad, but i think it takes away from the top
    We who have seen war will never stop seeing it....In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like gothic style. But I prefer bisexual photo just like those I viewed on (BiMingle...Cccom). That's my favorite way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x1)

ok i hav redone the X and i think its much better now but now i think the sides and maby the back r to blank so any suggestions on that would b great and yes Dead Dude Walking i did do some sketches b4 paintin it but i did not make it up its the death company banner i believe but i did change a couple things but not much
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

I think the position of the X looks better now, the way it goes all the way to the corners.

It might be best to stick with the X motif so you don't over-detail this - just to X's on the doors as you've done on the front.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast